chapter nine

Known as the queen of Mexican beach resorts , Acapulco,which means"where the reeds were destroyed or washed away", lies on the Pacific Ocean. It is located on a deep ,semi-circular bay . The resort area is divided into two:the north end of the bay is the "traditional area", where the  famous in the mid twentieth century vacated; and the south end which is dominated by newer luxury high rise hotels.

Jenny decided to visit the bay . She had heard so much of the beauty of nature there. Indeed all the descriptions were true . She was astonished at the view of the deep blue sea , the golden shores and the panoramic sky that nature painted. The sounds of birds , the music of the waves , the calmness of the atmosphere ,all attributed to the magic of the view. She can feel her soul mingle with the serenity of nature to become one . This feeling brought to her mind quotes from Lord Byron's Child Harold's Piligrimage:

"There is a rapture on the lonely shore,

There is society ,where none intrudes,

By the deep sea and music in its roar:

I love not man the less,but Nature more....

To mingle with the Universe,and feel

What I can never express,yet cannot all conceal."

What a relief when your soul leaves all the earthly matters and become a whole with heavenly beauty.

The day was over and it was time for Jenny to get back to the hotel. She finished packing her things and as she was heading to order a cab ,a tall man bumped into her. Eventually , all the boxes he was carrying fell off.

"Oh ,Im sorry!"

She bent quickly to help the man collect the boxes.

"Its okay. No damage occurred i guess, except this box."

He stretched the box he was holding ;inside was a broken cyramic statue. He closed the box , and Jenny was so embarrassed she kept apologizing again and again promising she would pay for it.

The man couldnt take his eyes off her , so gorgeous looking in her beach dress. He gazed at her a long gaze and suddenly said:

"Well ,if you insist, you can pay me by accepting my invitation for dinner tonight." A friendly smile drew on his face ;well Jenny couldnt resist such a smile. Her mind told her she needed company to overcome her sorrow ,but her heart had an opposite idea. A quick battle took place between her reason and her feelings.

"I accept",defenitely the mind won ,"on condition that I pay for it." She tried to force a smile on her face. The stranger smiled back and introduced his hand:

"Mathew Demons",

"Jennifer Cord".

"Nice to meet you. Tonight ,7o'clock at the Pirate'sBay dining lounge. I 'll be anxiously waiting for you". He shook her hand as if they knew eachother from a long time.

In her room ,she was lying idly on the bed . She was missing Blake down deep in her heart , but she consoled her aching heart that a new beginning should be considered ,maybe , with Matt.

Jenny was getting ready for the evening with the cute stranger . She wore her silk dress and styled her hair in a cute way . She indeed looked elegant. Now she was ready for dinner. She ordered a cab and arrived on time at the Pirate's Bay Hotel.

Matt was there; when he saw her he approached her and held her hand where he brushed a light kiss.

"A Greek goddess indeed . If Aphrodite saw you ,she would be jealous of your beauty."

"Thank you", she was blushing ,"no one has ever compared me to a goddess before." Not even Blake she told herself.

They were seated at a table in the shadowy corner of the restaurant . The table was decorated with flowers and candles, and was placed near a window that had a view on the bay.  Matt ordered Mexican tacos for two. The atmosphere was great . They were enjoying the  traditional Mexican musica performed by singers with big sombreroes on their heads. They couldnt understand what the song was about ,yet it seemed so vivid and full of life.

As Matt and Jenny were enjoying their food , they discussed various topics.

"So what do you do for a living? Let me guess!",he pretended to think and said:"You are either a model or a beauty expert."

"Well you have gone too far",laughed Jenny."I hate to dissappoint you. Im just an ordinary secretary."

"Oh ,no! I am shocked .Such beauty is imprisoned within the bars of an office . It must be boring."

"It isnt really",she smiled trying to explain the nature of her work. As she was looking all around the restaurant the smile on her face froze. No it couldt be !!!