chapter four

When Jenny arrived at the hotel,a message was waiting for her . It was from the girl's mother inviting her to dinner . She made a mental note that she would accept the invitation . On the bed of her room ,Jenny lied trying to relax . In her mind ,images of the day passed . She was thinking of that bizarre moment when she met Blake. She tried to busy herself inorder to shake those images off her head. She looked at the watch she bought. It was pretty. She held it and placed it in the closet next to her bed ,where she had put other purchases.

The evening was hot . Everything was calm: the moon singing a calm serenade,the stars were brightly shining denoting a beautiful night. Jenny wore light ivory pants and a blue shirt. She decorated her hair with navy blue clasps and wore her favourite perfume from Nina Riche. It was her birthday present from Nancy ,her best friend who married and moved to Boston last year. When she arrived at the terrace of the pool,she felt the refreshing air going through her hair ,playing with her locks dreamingly..Jenny saw a woman,the girl's mother, sitting alone at one of the tables. The woman began to wave and Jenny took a deep breath and approached her.

"Miss Cord! Thank you for joining me."

"You are welcome,mrs..."

"Daniels. Please never mind about formalities ,call me Anna."she said with a deep sincere smile.

Jenny returned her warm smile ." And I am Jennifer. Friends call me Jenny". They shook hands and Jenny seated herself at the table.

'I want to thank you from deep inside my heart for saving my little girl 's life. Every time I think of how close I was to losing her , I go crazy and cant tolerate the idea." Anna started to cry and sob; Jenny was trying to calm her. "Dont think of that Anna . She is safe now."

"Thanks God.I know,but i cant help it . My husband died three years ago ,leaving me with two children ,Bessy and Peter . I am trying my best to take good care of them . It seems I failed as long as Bessy is concerned."

Jenny felt pathetic for the sobbing woman sitting infront of her. She was pretty and young ,but responsibility made her look older.

"Anna, are you crying again?",said a voice thundering sweetly behind Jennifer's back. She quickly turned around to find herself face to face with Blake . She could see his amazement as well as his puzzlement.

"I am okay now ,Blake. Jenny ,i'd like to introduce my brother Blake."

"We have already met ,Anna".

"You have!!",said Anna with a surprize. Jenny was embarrassed,so she quickly added,"Infact your brother saved me once."

"How romantic ,hhh. Some other time you will have to narrate the details to me. I have no idea that my brother acts like Prince Charming on his free time."

"Well its a long story , its just.....",Jenny nervously exclaimed,when Blake interrupted her:"So  you're the beautiful heroine I've been hearing about! I must admit I admire your guts ".

"Anyone would have done the same thing if he were in my shoes",she answered with self confidence.

"Mmm beautiful , humble and intriguing . A strange mixture to find in a woman's character." He arrogantly implied.

Jennifer blushed and stood up the table asking to be excused for she was feeling tired . The brother and sister rose agreeing with her . Anna insisted that she should take a rest. As Jenny was leaving ,Blake held her arm for a second . Jenny looked surprised .  He said that he wanted a favour from her ;that his neice Bessy was still very upset at the incident and asked if Jenny could pass by her room and comfort her . Because the little girl wanted to talk to no one. Jenny assured him that she would see what she could do and left feeling blushed at the awkward moments that seem to follow her since she met Blake.

*note* hey readers hope you liked my story so far . Hope you vote for it and im anxiously waiting to read your comments . Thank you.