chapter six

Evening approached ,the beach was shining like silver under the light of the moon. The atmosphere was quiet ,poetic and romantic. No sound was there except that of the roaring waves. A pleasant sound to the ears ,it makes you feel relaxed. Stars formed a beautiful diamond necklace embracing the sky. Jenny was there, sitting on the sand enjoying the unity with nature. As she was swooning in the mood, quotes of Lord Tennyson passed her mind:"I am a part of all that I have met." She was dreamingly gazing at the silver threads of the moonlight when a voice cut her out of her meditations.

"Hhhmmm, can I join you?".

She looked at Blake dreamingly still affected by the magic of the nature around her.

"Sure. The beach is not a private property".

He sat and was stretching his arms yawning when his arm touched hers. Both said nothing. She was tensed at his close presence, his after shave perfume reached her nose. She was gazing at him and he caught her doing that. She felt like a thief caught while commiting a crime . She embarrassingly moved her face and looked towards the sea.

"Tell me about you", he finally spoke. He was so captivated by that blonde syren ,that he was dying to know everything about. He was afraid because what he deduced until the moment didnot amuse him. He knew a lot of girls before,but none captivated his heart and mind like Jenny. Since the day he met her, she dwelled his mind. He was refusing to believe the reality that she was dating her boss. But it's all obvious. He wanted her to open her heart to him, maybe there will be a way to change her.

Jenny sighed ,after taking a deep breath ,she told him that she was a farm girl. The only child of a small family who had a small ranch in Texas. Life was hard on her father; he lost a leg in a tractor accident so this drove him to a life of drinking as a means to escape his misery. Her mother had to do all the farm chores by herself and Jenny helped more often ,but they failed to attain the money needed to break the mortgage of the farm . Her father withered in such a low life so he died of excessive drinking and her mother followed him the year after.

Blake was astonished to hear the sad story of Jenny. His syren had been through hell ,and he couldnt tolerate the idea. He wanted to hug her , to compensate her, and to assure her that he will replace all her miseries with happiness. He looked for a long time into her eyes that were threatening to wet.

"What did you do then?", he said gently. Jenny couldnt believe her ears. Blake was not that stiff person she thought he was,instead a very tender caring personality emerged from deep within. He held her hands tenderly.

"I managed to pave my way. I worked as a waitress during the day ,and I studied at a night school,until I graduated and worked for Jim,my boss."

At the pop of her boss name ,Blake stiffened. Then he softened when he noticed Jenny's tears.

He hugged her ,trying to comfort her, assuring her that all was over. She felt safe in his arms and wished the moment to last forever.

"Sorry I have wet your shirt",she sniffed.

"Its okay girl",he assured her while his arm was still encircling her shoulders. At this moment, the moon beams fell on her face and enlightened it ,like an angel it appeared. Blake could not resist her charm anymore. They slowly came closer to eachother and kissed a long kiss......