chapter seventeen

Jenny was struggling not to faint. The fire was extending to the whole boat . Soon the kerosine would react with the heat , and explode the yacht. She prayed deeply and strongly to be rescued. She was a wreck . Her arm hurt , her lungs were filled with black smoke , she couldnot breath. She was about to faint , her head was in a swoon . Her eyes filled with tears . She couldnot concentrate. She could hear voices. Voices from far away calling her name. She wanted to answer back ;she tried to pull her strength . All she could manage to see were blurry figures and hear faint sounds. After a while, she collapsed on the floor.

Time: 48 hours later

Place: a room at the hospital of Acapulco

  The room was cold and colourless. All you could see was a table with some medications on it . A monitor with too many wires connected to the person lying on the bed . A small chair was placed at the corner of the ugly room. There was a window that allowed a view of the street . Blake was standing by the window looking at the girl sleeping on the bed. A few days ago ,this girl was full of energy and now she was lying still . He sighed as he remembered the way he found her. Tied and thrown to the floor lifeless. He remembered how he feared that she had lost her life and that he was late. His eyes glimpsed at her as he felt guilt . Because of him , Jenny would have lost her life.

Flashes of what happened came to his memory .  It was Saturday morning.He remembered how he called her over and over ,but she didnot answer. It was not what they agreed. So he felt worried and decided to go to see her. He was surprized when the man at the hotel reception told him that she left in a hurry without leaving any word. Blake felt suspicious; he showed the receptionist his ID and asked to search Jenny's room. He gave the police a call and together they searched the room inch by inch. Two micro cameras were found hidden the room as well as the lost jewlery.

The police examined the micro cameras . They were video cameras with audio . The policeman played the video on his computer. Blake  saw and heard the call that Jenny received. And heard her repeating the name Carlotta. In an instant the name rang in his ears. It was the big boat that Matt rented . The details were in Matt's file.

Quickly he headed towards the bay ,accompained by a police squad . When they arrived they saw the fire . There were coastguards who were heading to the boat . Blake joined them. His drumears were deafed by the violent beating of his heart. He was afraid of what he would discover. He was afraid of arriving late and not rescue Jenny. His hands were cold and sweating . He was shivering . The coast guards received a signal that Matt and his assistants were captured at the borders as they were trying to leave in desguise. Blake asked if a woman was with them and the answer was negative. Then he knew that somewhere in the boat she was left to die. His heartbeats were racing . Blood almost froze in his veins . He pushed the officer in charge and took over the boat . He increased the speed of the boat . At last the burning boat was at sight. It was half sunk . He jumped into the water and swam with all his powers . He reached the sunken side of the boat and climbed towards the deck .

He searched and searched but couldnt find Jenny anywhere. He took a deep breath and swam into the water towards the basement door . It was locked and couldnot be opened easily . He kicked it once and twice until it sprang open. He moved heavily pushing the waters across his legs . It was dark and he could not see a thing . When his eyes adjusted to the environment he saw her . A clump lying on the floor . Her clothes were wet . She was bound to a chair and blood came from her temple. He hurried to her side and contained her in his arms relieved to find a faint breath leaving her lips . He unbounded her and carried her to the waters . A helicopter rescued them and at that moment the boat exploded . .......

Jenny was rushed to hospital. He knew later that she had a broken arm . She suffered from a concussion . Here he was , for two days, never leaving her bedside . Praying silently that she would go through it. She was a strong girl. A soft moan eascaped his lips trying to push back the memories of the nightmare into his deepest part of the brain. He looked at her . So angelic in her sleep . He could never have enough of her . She was the one for him. He came slowly and held her hand . So thin and white , he drew a kiss gently .

"Jenny , I hope you can hear me. Please dont leave me , I need you in my life . I need you to complete me. I need you to be by my side . I love you . I never knew true love before I met you. Please come back to me . " He was still holding her hand strongly when he felt a faint press of the fingers on his. Slowly he raised his head and saw her eyelids quiver . His eyes filled with tears . He couldnot believe what was hapenning . Jenny was struggling to open her eyes . Suddenly her beautiful eyes were looking at his. Unrecognizing them at first while , but then the voidness was filled with lightness.

"What happened to me ? Where am I?"

Joyful tears filled Blakes eyes as he took her into his arms kissi g her all over her face. "Jenny Jenny , I couldnot believe . Let me call the nurse. " and he almost ran out of the room  searching for the nurse.

She tried to understand what was happening but her head was hurting her and she couldnot remember a thing. But the moment she opened her eyes , she could not but recognize Blake's . In her dreams , he was dominant. The room was soon filled with people she didnot know . Her eyes searched for Blake among those people and when they found him , relief overwhelmed her . She can rest now because her hero was nearby to protect her.

A few days later , Blake was driving Jenny out of the hospital .

"Blake"

"Yes dear."

"About my boss.."

"Hshsh ," he put his finger on her mouth ," you dont have to say a thing . "

"Lets not drive the magic away , because Jenny you are the magic in my life".

At this particular moment , the radio was playing Elvis's song.

"You cant say no in Acapulco

Where flowers bloom and love is in the air

So kiss me tender and love me true

And let me feel the magic through

You cant say no

They dont say no

In Acapulco..."

Jenny sighed as she looked at Blake . Maybe Elvis was right .... there was love in the air .......

The End