chapter thirteen

Jenny and Matt stepped out of the black car, gaping at the large Spanish mansion that set beyond the sidewalk, towering over them as if attempting to intimidate them . The cream coating of the paint shined as the moon beat down on it. Uniquely twisted fencing kept the mansion enclosed, neatly trimmed hedges surround the house. The roof was peaked slanting down at an angle. The windows had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them. As they stepped onto the sidewalk, Jenny noticed a marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn. An angel holding a flower was perched on top, looking up towards the sky. Water spurted from its other hand, which lay gently out infront of it, as if waiting for someone to take it in return. The water fell gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it , causing ripples to form and wave out until they were no more.

Bushes trimmed into all sorts of animals and people littered the parts of the lawn that was not taken up by the fountain:giraffes, penguins,birds.... All life -size. The beach lay just beyond the backyard ,grass forming into sand , bushes and hedges turning into sand dunes. The water sparkled under the moonlight.

Jenny and Matt walked towards the extravagant house, down the little stone path to the black door. Matt stabbed the doorbell, which glowed with a yellow light surrounding the white button. Hearing a faint "ding dong", they huffed , waiting for someone to come to the door. It was ,moments later, opened by an aged butler wearing a black and white suit."Ah, hello mister Damon, Madame,"the butler welcomed them and was taking Jenny's coat , when sēnor Alijandro saw them. A smile grew on his face and he approached them opening his arms widely:" Welcome welcome my friends.". He patted Matt's shoulders . "Matt , my amigo how are? Why you didnt introduce me to the young lady? ", commented the sēnor and took hold of Jenny's hand and kissed it , his eyes going through her body and liking what they see.

"Alijandro , allow me to introduce to you miss Jenny Cord , a friend of mine."

"Miss Cord welcome to my humble party". Alijandro's black eyes reflected the passionate spirit of the Mexicans. He was a handsome man , of Spanish origins. He was tall and elegant . Sēnorita Santi -Banéz was as elegant and of good complexion as her husband . She was a beauty in her forties, well educated and humble. As soon as Matt and the sēnor became indulged in business , sēnorita Santi Banéz took advantage of the situation and took a small tour introducing Jenny to her friends. Jenny couldnt remember their names but she was polite. She was repulsed by the shallow superficiality of the people at the party. They had no other interest other than money and the illusion of happiness . They were so void . But the party was lively , the colorful lights and the music was loud. Jenny was begining to enjoy her self when she spotted two couples heading to the bar and parted there. Sēnorita Banèz saw them ,she locked Jenny's arm and dragged her towards the couple calling :"Stella!".

"Come let me introduce you to my granddaughter",she addressed Jenny enthusiastically. Jenny was amazed. The so called "Stella" was the beauty who was with Blake the other day at the restaurant. She was elegantly dressed , no wonder Blake was hanging out with her. Stella was a tall brunette with a body that was carved with accuracy. Her big black eyes were inherited from her grandma. This woman was indeed a diva.

"Hello darling ", Stella managed to say saucily. "I hope you are enjoying your party ." She was studying Jenny's dress and apparently the dress didnot meet her approval." Darling you should change your designer. He has an awful taste ", she remarked sheepishly. All Stella could talk about was fashion and fashion designers . Oh God , Jenny felt so bored at her shallowness. A diva with no brains at all . Did Blake really like women with bird brains????she wondered. 

She left Stella and wandered around the house trying to look for Matt. Where had he been all this time ? She admitted she lost track of his whereabouts. She was standing against the marble column in the hall, when a cold voice startled her:"I thought you should keep an eye on your partner. Instead you busied yourself in conversing with the guests . You are being careless!".Blake blamed her angrily.

Jenny was furious , how dare he spoke to her like that as if she was a mere slave. Her hazel eyes burned with anger . " It seems that you are not aware of the danger surrounding you , you fool. The man will use you ,damn it, and then throw your dead body to the hounds. " Blake was grabbing her wrist with an iron fist. She shivered :"You are hurting me ", and tried to free her wrist. " Not the way you are hurting me !",he snapped and freed her. She rubbed her wrist looking around to make sure no one noticed . Suddenly the lights went off ,evrything fell into darkness, she felt him grabbing her face and crushing her lips into a deep kiss. Then he disappeared leaving her blushed in the darkness of the room.