chapter sixteen

Carlotta was a grand boat . It stood magistically in the waters . The wind was soft and warm hugging tenderly the sails. The skylarks were singing a melodious song. The waves were sliding against the sides of the yacht . The soft breeze played with Jenny's locks as she was boarding the yacht . No one was there . She looked around at the deck ,but it was empty. She shivered at the bizarre situation . Why would Blake ask to meet her on board of an empty boat? She headed for the compartments to search for Blake. Shock and surprize overtook her as she was entering the captain's compartment . There was Matt standing by the wheel stir.

"Matt!! what are you doing here??", before she could get an answer a stranger held her captive and another man was tying her . She tried to struggle but they were much stronger than her. She looked at Matt and saw his eyes . Those eyes changed from being sweet and joy to viscious. She became afraid of his eyes . She looked away . What the hell did she get herself into? The boat began to move . She could hear the droning of the motor. Jenny was tied to a chair and Matt was just standing infront of her looking at her with those steel cold eyes .

"What did you think of me ,Jenny? A fool ! I have been watching you for a time . You were never out of my sight . I knew everything you did. Now it was time to pay ." He was holding her jaw with iron fists. She tried to move her head away ;she was in pain . She managed to pull her head back to free herself from his grip.

"How did you know?", she was curious to know.

"Through hidden micro cameras . I implanted them all over your room. There was not a breath to be taken in that room that i didnot know about",he said victoriously.

"Hurry up men !", he pointed for his assistants ,"lock her up and lets dock the boat in a safe place". He looked at Jenny's weak face as he was heading towards the door. "She will be of great aid when that foolish cop tries to track us", and closed the door leaving Jenny with the two men.

Jenny tried to scream but she was weak. She tried to fight back ,and to use her legs to hit her assaults . Her efforts were in vain . She was hit so hardly on the head that she felt her head spin and lost consciousness.

The basement was damp and smelly. It smelled of kerosene. It was that smell that awoke Jenny. It was dark. It took her eyes a minute to get adjusted to the dark. Where was she ? Then her memory gave flashes of what happened. She began to cry silently. What would become of her ? She admitted she was reckless. Had she known how it would end , she wouldnt have taken the risk. She was ignorant of her whereabouts . The thrumming of the roaring engine informed her that the yacht was about to move. She stayed still. Fear crept into her . What if the boat was heading to annonymous places then no one would ever find her. No body knew where she was. "Blake". His name popped into her head . He would be worried by now , because for sure he called several times. But how would he ever find her, she hadnt told a living soul of her whereabouts because of her foolishness.

Several hours passed . Jenny's limbs were stiffed because she had been tied for hours to the chair. The monotonous sound of the boat engine made her doze a little. The smell of kerosine filled her lungs . She looked around but couldnot see a thing. Suddenly a large crash pushed her chair and she fell on her left side. The pain was excruciating . Her arm was broken from the fall. Her head was spinning ; she could hear rushed footsteps on deck and screams . She tried to listen and heard the words "engine" and "fire". It all came clear to her. The boat hit some rock ,it damaged the engine and set it on fire. The boat was sinking.

Jenny tried to scream but the bandage on her mouth prevented her . She couldnot move. She couldnot shout . She was helpless. She was left alone to die in an unknown place in the middle of the sea. She lowered her head to the damp floor , tears filling her cheeks . She closed her eyes and prayed .

Suddenly the door was opened . She couldnot see a thing . Her vision was blurted. But she could distinguish broad shoulders filling the door step. A harsh voice ,Matt's,cried for the anonymous man to leave her to her fate and it would seem as a fishing accident. Her eyes widened with fear . "No ,no !dont leave me!", her mind begged. But the broad shoulders turned back and left her. She was abandoned to meet her death.