Chapter 17 - Security

Who is Maruyama Aya to me?

.

.

.

.

.

That night when I came to her rescue, I wasn't fearless.

.

.

.

I've never thrown my life out of the way for someone else's before. I've been practicing martial arts for the sole reason of protection. Although I'm not entirely sure why, out of all the times I can use these polished techniques, I saved someone who was certainly not able to protect herself.

Isn't this how you're supposed to use power that you've been strengthening for years? To save the weak? and to protect those who can't protect themselves?

My arm hasn't been the same ever since I've injured it, and I know better than anyone else not to use it too harshly. But just that one time, I decided to turn away from my morals. I had to finish the guy off instantly, and render him immobile. I wasn't too sure what to do next, but if he decides to fight back, or had any sort of weapons on him, then things wouldn't have ended too pretty. So I'm thankful that he backed off. 

But come to think of it..... I don't know where he went after all of that.

.

.

.

But I'm sure, that the girl who was behind me, was so scared. And I had to be the one that was fearless at the time despite experiencing a life threatening encounter with a creep. Before I decided to run off and condemn her from seeing these eyes of mine, I tried looking at her just to try and make her feel safe.

But the way she looked at me, was different from everyone else.

Her eyes had a "secured" look. She conveyed that she was finally getting fear out of her system, and that she was thankful for me being there.

For years, I've been receiving glares whenever they'd see mine. Those were all stares of fear.

"I won't hurt anyone."

"I'm not that kind of person that everyone thinks I am."

"I don't pick fights."

And the first person that gave me kind eyes even before I had the chance to explain myself, was no other than Maruyama Aya.

.

.

.

Who is Aya to me?

She's the person I fell in love with at first sight, without realizing it up until now.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After that embrace, I let go of her delicate yet soft body and couldn't look at her eye to eye for god's sake.

We we're both quiet until we head back to the studio where everyone else was.

but..

"What in the heck happened?" asked Chisato. Who certainly did not understand what happened while we were alone.