Chapter 31 - Putting Things to Perspective

After that fateful evening, we both walked back to station, we decided to go home together. It was really late already after all...

Mainly because we spent so much chilling in the studio room and lost track of time.

It's somewhat awkward at first, but as it progressed, we found out that we actually wouldn't have that kind of problem for long.

"So... This whole thing is gonna be a secret to the public isn't it?" I asked her.

"Yeah, sorry..." She replied.

"Not at all! In fact, I think it's better that way." I said.

We got to the station and bought tickets. We soon head to the waiting area to wait for the next train to come.

We just sat down on a nearby bench. And to my surprise, it didn't take long before we got used to each other and sat right next to each other.

"What did you mean when you said that it's better this way Anon?" She asked me.

"I wouldn't want everyone to have a record or to know whatever we've been up to 24/7 after all... I personally think that's tiring...." I said.

"And I think it would be bad for your career too, so I totally understand!" I added.

"Well, I'm glad you understand. But since we are dating, that doesn't mean you're gonna be the only one that courts me. I also have to win you over Anon!" She said as if she was asserting me.

I'm amazed but not surprised. Although I am also delighted to hear that. And a bit embarrassed...

"Thank you Aya, I'm really glad I fell in love with you." I said.

"You know... You really have a knack for saying these things without getting flustered... It's unfair..." Aya complains softly.

I'm not sure as to why this is the case, but I've never really been flustered or embarrassed whenever I would openly speak out about what I feel. Bluntly.

"But don't you feel the same way though?" I jokingly asked her.

"Of course I do! To have fallen in love with someone like you... Even before we become official, I can already tell that my future will go on smoothly!" She answers.

"Why is that?" I asked her.

"You said it yourself remember? You'd grow with me, you'd help me achieve my dreams while I help you achieve yours. And we'll be by each other's side the whole time! I may still be a growing idol Anon, but I feel as if I've already won the world!" She said as she shoots a blinding smile at me.

She has the audacity to complain that I'm blunt yet she says all of that...

I took her in for a hug.

"A-Anon! If anyone sees us here I-It would be-" She said.

The train had arrived.

We got in pretty easily since it was practically empty.

"You've got to refrain from suddenly hugging me like that!" Aya said. She's practically ordering me to stop at this point.

"Sorry! It's my first time feeling like this. My emotions are so high, you're practically super huggable right now! Don't worry, I'll be back to normal tomorrow." I said to her.

She sighs in relief.

Although I'm not too sure whether that's a good thing or not.... Nahhh it's all good.

.
.
.

As the smooth train ride goes, Aya slowly rests her head onto mine.

"You can just rest your head on me. It's alright." I told her.

"Thanks~" She replied and continues to fiddle with her phone.

She seems to be updating her personal blog.

That got me thinking...

"Hey Aya, what's your Twitter handle? I'd like to follow you there too..." I asked her as I reach for my phone.

"Twitter? I don't have one..." She replies.

"Ahhh I see..." I said while slowly putting my phone back down.

"Should I make one?" She asked me.

"I guess you can, but you already have your blog going on for you. I think it may just be a little harder if you make another social media outlet for blogs and constant updates." I said.

Yeah, on second thought, maybe I shouldn't have suggested that...

"But I kind of want to follow you as well!" She said as if she demanded it.

But the train stopped and this is the part where we get off.

"Alright, can I call you later when you get home? I'll help you set one up. We need to get you home first." I told her.

"You're walking me home?" She asked.

"Well obviously. It's this late at night, I can't let you walk home alone." I told her.

"Okay then..." She said.

This would be the first time I'm ever gonna see where her house is, but I can't just leave her alone here.

We soon arrive at her house.

Someone seems to be waiting outside of her house.

"Mother! I'm home! Sorry I was out so late!" Aya says as she ran to her arms.

It's her mother?!

"Goodness Aya... Please let your mother know if you're gonna be out late! All you said was that you we're gonna be out for a date! I got worried that you still haven't gotten home!" Her mother scolded her with a very caring tone.

"I'm sorry! But I was with him the whole time! So I was fine!" She says as she points to me.

Oh shit we're doing this now!?

"This must be your date, isn't he a looker?" Her mother said.

That's.... embarrassing!!

"Good evening Mrs. Maruyama. I'm sorry if your daughter got home late. I'm partly at fault to blame here, I took up so much of her time! But I can assure you that nothing bad has happened, and that I've brought her back home safely." I replied.

My grammar skills are actually working! Although I'm actually very polite towards people anyways... So I couldn't have phrased this any better....

"My my... What a polite young man! Thank you for walking Aya back home. It's late though, would like to stay over for tonight?" She offers.

HA?!

"I appreciate your offer ma'am, but I can get home safely~" I replied.

That would be bad! Plus.... Aya seems to be incredibly flustered over there...

"Well then, I guess there's always next time!" Mrs. Maruyama says.

What does she mean by that?!

"Anyways, I'll be on my way home. Thank you for today, Aya~" I said as I wave and walk away.

"Thank you again, and please get home safely!" Her mother said as she returns my goodbyes.

"Don't forget what you have to do when you get back home okay? I'll be waiting!" Aya says.

"Don't worry, I won't!" I said and finally made my way back home.

- To be Continued -