Chapter 21 - Mutuality

She recognized me.

.....how?

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked her. I sounded so confused but also desperate.

Before she answered my question, she laughed at me.

"No matter how much you change your appearance, your eyes are still the same!" Aya responded.

That's.......not that bad.

I didn't think she'd reply with that. I don't know what it means exactly, but I loved what she said to me just now. Wait, what did she mean by that?

"What do you mean by that Aya?" I asked her again.

"You really think I can forget the eyes of someone that saved me?" She answered.

Those words were so endearing. They were too endearing that I couldn't stop whatever it was that was building up inside my heart.

After realizing what just happened, we both blush out faces out and averted our gazes away from each other.

Aya: What did I just say?!

Anon: What did she just say?!

However!!!!

I do want to know Aya's opinion about the new look I got.

"What do you think Aya? Do I look okay? Is this new look any better? Is this okay?" I asked. I asked too many questions right there.

"You look really handsome and cool Anon!" She responded.

I gleefully smile and shyly replied with a sigh of relief. The other's may not have recognized me, but I'm glad Aya did!

Aya's P.O.V

Anon's look changed so much. He's so handsome and cool now... I never once looked at him with ill intent or disdain, but now that he looks so radiant...

Admit it Aya. You're in love. You're in love with your knight in shining armor. You're in love with your saviour. You're in love with the person that told you to shine brighter and be more vibrant than your past self. Admit it. Admit it. Admit it.

What if other girls look at him? What if he gets attracted or fall in love with someone?? I.... I don't think I'll be able to take that well.....

Aya. You've never fallen in love before. But with him, it felt like you've been in love with the same soul for many decades now.

I want to be able to shine brighter so that Anon will look at me..... I'll make sure of that!

So someday....

Please only look at me!

Anon's P.O.V

After a short period of silence, we both decided to head to where everyone else is at, so I went back with Aya.

"There you are!" Ms. Mio said as she greets us on our way in.

What's with all the commotion?

The girls seemed to be mesmerized by us for some reason.

"Aya-san and Anon-san looks like Butler and Mistress! They're so adorable!!" Eve commented.

Ha?!?!

"Eve-chan! Please don't twease me like that!!" Aya said.

Ah.

She messed up.

"That's our Aya-chan!" Hina responded.

Ah yes. The good ol Aya that messes up her lines. I was told she was like this, but I didn't think she'd mess up words when she's not emceeing.

"I was wondering where Aya went, but it seems like she was just with you Anon" Ms. Mio said.

Without realizing things, it was almost time for the event. An hour and a half away that is. But since we've got to be early and make sure to get everything setup.

"Girls, get in the car, we'll be heading to the venue." Said Ms. Mio.

And so the girls went out to get ready to head out.

Meanwhile, me and Makoto was left behind.

"You two are gonna be riding on a different car with me~" Is what Ms. Mio said.

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this isn't a good idea...

.
.
.
.
.

While we were in the car, the atmosphere was silent. Makoto was fiddling with his phone and Ms. Mio was focused on driving. I wanted to break the silent atmosphere, but couldn't do anything about it....

But there is something that I've been wanting to tell someone for a little while now. I want to know her opinion about this. Also, I want to make sure I won't be violating any sort of rule with what I'm about to say.

Cause you know, way back when I was a kid up until now.... I was known by my peers to speak my mind so bluntly.

"I'm in love with Aya."

Makoto dropped his phone.

"You're saying that now?!" Makoto exclaimed.

I thought he'd be the last person to be shocked by this.

"I knew." Ms. Mio answered.

I thought she'd be the last person to stay calm by this.

Since she's in charge of the girls, I wanted to atleast let her know about these feelings of mine towards one of her idols.

But she didn't say anything.

"Uhm... What do you think-"

"I won't allow it." She swiftly replied.

Of course she wouldn't.

"Nah I'm just messing with you, I just wanted to try saying that once!" Is what she added.

Oh for fuc-

"What do you mean by that? I wanted to consult you about this.... If it's because of some sort of company rule that their idol can't be in a relationship, then I won't pursue Aya." Is what I said.

"If nobody finds out, then it's as if it never really happened right?" Ms. Mio responded.

Well.... She does have a point but....

"Also, it's as if you're saying that you've already got her in the palm of your hands. Is there something going on that I don't know of?" She added.

"Absolutely not! I was just....." I couldn't think of anything to say to her.

Honestly... If it's this pressuring to say these things to Ms. Mio..... I wonder how will I do if I actually confess to Aya herself....??

"Aya has a lot of fans and admirers Anon. I'm just saying thay if you're too slow, Aya won't wait for you." Is what she said to me after that.

The amount of pressure that one like she just dropped had in it is so much.

I really do like Aya. I wonder what I should do in order for her to like me back?

Actually.....

Will Aya even like someone like me?

- To be Continued -