Chapter 24 - Fan

After the event finished, we were tasked to escort the girls towards the after party area. Ms. Mio wanted to celebrate for the great success of the event with everyone.

I haven't really been to a "party" for a long time. Last one I can recall was Makoto's 10th Birthday party, and I was mostly sticking to Makoto like a shadow the whole time.

"To a successful event! BANZAIIIII!!!!!" Ms. Mio cheered as show blows up a couple of cans of confetti. There were lots of food and drinks for everyone to share.

Although I really think me and Makoto should be helping out the staff clean everything up back there. We really didn't get to do much but stand throughout the entire event. I kinda feel like I didn't do my job properly.

Chisato noticed this and decided to approach me.

"Anon-san, what's wrong? Feeling sick?" She asked as she hands me a drink.

"Oh no, it's just that I really feel like me and Makoto didn't do much and I think I should be back there helping everyone out cleaning up." I replied as I gratefully accept her offer of a drink.

She sat down beside me.

"You both were a huge help, I noticed that some fans were trying to distance themselves. I'd say you did most of the work on your guys' end." She commented.

Then does that mean that I still looked scary to them?!

"Then again, I also saw and overheard some female fans asking themselves who the guys in the suits were. I'd say you guys stole quite the attention from us~" She commented again, playfully.

"I humbly apologize, but I didn't expect to hear that honestly. I mean, we we're kinda just standing there, looking at the very direction you guys we're looking at. Except they were only looking back at you guys." I retorted.

I don't know, I just don't think I've fulfilled my duties properly.

"You work too hard, go there and have some fun. Aya's looking over here quite intensely you know?" She said.

Aya?! Eh?!?!

When I looked at her, she looked away. But after a brief moment, she comes over to me and Chisato.

"Anon! Want something to eat? You must be tired from all of that standing!" Aya said.

No need to rub it in T~T

"I guess I'll have a bite..." Is what I said as I stood up from my loathing area and decided to try and have fun.

In reality, I didn't know how to act. Cause, ring ring... I haven't been in a party in a while!

Although everyone here is a familiar face, I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to do!!!

Perhaps I can just keep on shoving food in my mouth until the party is over! Probably!

"Are you okay Anon? You seem tense..." Aya asked.

Oh what am I doing... I should go ahead and just behave how I normally behave.

"Don't worry, it's nothing. It's just that, I haven't been to a party in a while and I don't know how to conduct myself!" I mentioned to her.

Aya chuckled at my reasoning.

"Want to go eat over there? We can have a nice little chat too! So you don't have to worry about anything else for now!" Aya said.

Aya...that was smooth but I'm not sure if you realized that...

"I'd like that~" I replied.

.
.
.
.
.

"What did you think of the event Anon? Was it fun?" Aya asked.

"It was a really great new experience for me! The loud but great music! The sound of your voice! The fans waving their light sticks in unison to the beat! Ahhhh, all of it felt so surreal!" I expressed my happiness that built up in one night. I had a really great first time on an event like this honestly.

"I like you when you talk about things that makes you happy Anon! Look at you smiling!" Aya said.

AYA! DON'T SAY IT LIKE THAT PLEASE!!

"E-Eh?!" I couldn't get the right words out!

Aya blushed hard and tried to clear the misunderstanding.

"I-I meant that you look really happy when you're talking about the things that you like or make you happy! And I like that!" She exclaimed.

"I-I see! M-Me too!!!" What's that supposed to mean?!

"How about you Aya? How was the meet and greet like??" I asked her a question to

"It felt amazing! Since we don't get to do this a lot, I was really happy to meet some of our fans up close this time again! I felt connected to them and was happy that they enjoyed seeing us play!" Aya explained.

"I know right?! I was a little jealous! I also wanted to be like a fan to you guys!" Is what I replied.

I loved the determination and appreciation of their fans! Their dedication and adoration towards PasuPare was also really great to see and was endearing to watch.

I also want to shake hands with someone I admire and tell them how great they are! Man! Why am I only getting into this idol and band thing right now?!

"You want to shake my hand too?" Aya asked me.

"I mean... I guess so..." I said.

Aya reached out her hand calling me to shake hands with her.

I slowly reach her hand and held it gently. And then... I felt it.

We felt it.

"Her hand is so soft...."

"His hand is so warm..."

"I feel adored..."

"I feel safe and protected...."

"I'm a big fan of you, Maruyama Aya-chan! I'm so glad I can finally talk to you up close! Ever since the beginning, I've fallen in love with your voice and your vibrant personality! Even the clumsy and ditzy Aya! I adore that side of yours too!" I said.

What the hell just came out of my mouth?!?!?!

I WAS FAN BOYING TOO HARD!!!!

"W-Well.... I'm glad to meet you too! Thank you for seeing us tonight! Im glad I made you smile this time too!" Aya replied.

.
.
.
.
.

At that time, we were supposed to let go. But I failed to comply.

It's there's hands.

That I want to protect.

- To be Continued -