Chapter 36 - Connections

And just like that, my parents became obsessed with girl bands for some reason... and the one that they have their eyes set on is Pastel*Palettes of all of the bands!!

I mean.... I'm not saying it's a bad thing... In fact, I'm actually really glad.

It's just that.... I don't know how all of this will connect...

I'll have to introduce Aya to my parents soon.... I don't know how they would behave around her or how would they react to that kind of news even.

They don't even know where I'm working!

What if they ask about that?!

"Oh yeah, dear. What's the company that you're working for right now?" My mother asked.

Oh dear mother! What a magnificent timing you have!

"Uhh..." I exclaimed. I have no idea if I should tell the truth or not!

Why am I even trying to lie about this?!?!?!

"You did mention that you're working as a bodyguard of some sort, you're not escorting any evil people now are you?" My father jested.

"Of course not!!!" I said.

"I was just trying to pull your ropes! HAHAHAHAHA" He said.

I sighed in relief.

"What's next? You working as a bodyguard for idols? HAHAHAHA" He added.

Okay, it's not only dear mother.... but my father as well!

"O-Of course not! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I said.

We both laugh it off. Obviously, one of us is lying. And that other one is me.

.
.
.

I needed something to change the topic....

*Ring ring*

My phone rings.

The gods have answered my call.

And I'm about to answer this call too.

"It's.....geh." I said. It's Ms. Mio...

I have to answer no matter what!

"Excuse me, I have to answer this call." I said.

"Okay then"  My mother answered.

I go to the kitchen and answer the call there.

"Hello? Ms. Mio?" I said.

"What took you so long to pick up?" She asked.

"Sorry... Parents suddenly came home without warning, and I was caught up in a conversation with them." I said.

"Oh... that's alright then." Ms. Mio replied.

"Speaking of your parents..." She added.

"Hmm? What about them?" I asked.

"I need you to pick up the VIP tickets I have reserved for your parents here in my office! ASAP!" She said.

Eh?

"EHHH!?!?!?!" I exclaimed.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Ms. Mio asked me. She seem to have been surprised by the expression I made.

"Why did you provide VIP Tickets for them?!" I asked.

"Eh?...Ah. I forgot to mention." Ms. Mio said.