Chapter 11: Change is coming

❀Phila❀

I sigh and take a long sip from my teacup. It's been three years, protests and riots started to die down as they started seeing massive progress in our beloved kingdom

"My lady. . ." I perked up and smiled when I saw Visayas approaching me.

Three years ago, what he told me sunk in. It was a pill that's hard to swallow, but after a bit of hardwork, I managed to get over it.

"Is that it?" I ask, looking at the brown envelope that he's holding. He nods and gives it to me, "here are the updates from our scientists and engineers about the dome you wished to build." I nod and dismissed him after taking the envelope.

I opened it and began reading it.

I have big plans prepared for this country. And it's bound to happen now. . .

Philip☼︎

I looked outside the window, somehow, everything feels so. . .different. My sister had only started ruling for 6 years, and yet you can already feel the difference. . .

Maybe she isn't planning anything sinister after all. . .

I mean, our country is progressing rapidly, the people are happy despite being locked inside a country for no reason at all. She promised that she'll end the isolation once her plans are complete.

And when she started this whole isolation thing, I was so mad I even compared us to that socialist tyrant (North Korea) , but the she showed me her plans and told me why she needed to isolate the country.

To prevent foreign intervention.

She also split ties with countries who were nosy and curious, so that way, if they tried to force their way in here, it would be a violation against the new act that UN announced 8 years ago

She assured me that we'll go back and reconnect with them once we're done. And she could only do that if I let her. . So, I that's what I did.

I stayed out of it. And not soon after, I started to see actual change.

It made me envious because of how well she could rule.

But then again, she did receive the most education and spent decades planning for our country's future.

Too bad her original blueprint went missing.

✵Visayas✵

I sighed and leaned back on my chair. The country is beginning to grow, everything is starting to improve. 38% of our forest has returned due to the replanting act that she officialized.

I feel proud. Very proud. Not only because I get to witness the amazing recovery of our country, but also because this woman that is ruling over us now, was once my student. I taught her everything that she knew. Knowing that I had somewhat of an influence in this amazing growth gives me a huge sense of pride. . .

Maybe I should reward my beloved student. . .

[A/N: I don't know what's up with me and the student x teacher dynamic, but I like it a lot and I'm so sorry 😭]