Chapter 1: A Humble Request

Phila

I was just in my office, doing my usual work as a the new leader of our country.

"PHILA!"

I hear his loud footsteps stomping, making its way all the way here in my office.

"1. .2. . .3. . . ."

The door swings open and there reveals my older brother with a red and angry face.

He must've seen the news.

This is my older brother, Philip.

And he's a coward who can't stand up for his own country that's already being abused by foreigners. He would rather let things be or ignore the problems to avoid casualties and stay neutral and keep close relationships with the other countries.

But I say that's bullshit.

The people thought that was bullshit too.

That's why the people revoked him of his position and had me to replace him.

That's why father favoured me more than he favoured Philip.

I just blankly stare at him as he continues to shout and rant in my office about a war that's never going to happen.

He's too paranoid.

Too scared.

Too much of a coward.

I sigh and place a hand on his shoulder to which he smacks it away.

"Don't worry kuyaaa~ I promise there won't be any wars between our country and China's."

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT?! CHINA IS A POWERFUL AND UNPREDICTABLE MAN! WE MUST REMAIN ON THEIR-"

"Well, you may be right that I actually don't know what's going on in China's mind. .but I already have a plan!~"

"And what if that "plan" fails?"

"Not once has any of my plans failed. . . But if it did, then there's always a backup plan! And there's another plan for the backup plan, and another, and another! Oh so many plans!"

"Y. . .you planned all of this. . . Didn't you. . ?"

"I don't-"

We hear a scoff from the speakers in the hallways

"Miss Philippines, please come to UN's office immediately. . ."

My kuya just looked at me with frustration in his eyes.

I grin and pat his back before leaving my office to go and see señor UN.

Once I arrived, I gently knock on his door. . .

"Come in. . ."