Chapter 9: Dearest Mentor 1.1

[Warning: May be uncomfortable to some readers.]
____________________

❀Phila❀

"Kamusta, ginoo. . ." I grin.
{"Hello, sir..."}

He scoffs and walks towards me.

"Did you two fight again?"

I shrugged, "it's not for you to know, now is it?"

He raises a brow and sighs before a cocky grin appears on his lips. "Oh Phila..."

He chuckles which made my heart skip a beat.

Damn this old. . .charming man. . . I should be over you by now. Fuck you!

"Ano?"
{"What?"}

"This isn't how I taught you, now is it?"

He grins, I shrug again "Ewan ko sa'yo. Ano ba tinuro mo sa akin?.."
{"I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself?.."}

He sighed and rolls his eyes "Whatever, I better head back to my post. And you should too."

He said as he walks past me while I admire his tall stature.
But then he stops and looks at me from over his shoulder with his red eyes which made my heart jump.

I glance back at him and we both nod to each other in mutual agreement.

I huff and sat on the couch.

That's Visayas. He has been trusted by our family throughout generations. From my great great great great grandfather to my mother and then to me. He taught us all we needed to know about military and politics. He taught me everything that I knew up until now.

Back then, our country was split into two. My father's side controlled over the north, while my mother's family ruled the south, including Visayas and Mindanao, but both families shared Visayas, he was their only mutual bridge. But then, papa and mother's marriage brought the country together into one.

And then they had kuya Del, kuya Martial, kuya Phil, and me. They planned that kuya Del would have control over the Luzon region, with tito Luzon as his mentor(who also used to be papa's mentor as well) and then I would have control over the Visayan region, and then kuya Martial in the Mindanaoan region with the help of Mindanao who just so happened to be our maternal grandfather's mentor as well.

So he was my mentor, but now he works as my advisor, secretary, and assistant.

And he. . . . .was also the one whom I lost my virginity to. . .

I sigh and walked up the stairs, fidgeting with my fingers as I felt nervous. Anxiety creeping up on me and I'm starting to overthink. I shake my head and pushed away my negative thoughts.

"It's for the benefit of the country" I mumbled to myself and went up the stairs to wait for Singapore and Israel in my office.

✵Visayas✵

I heave out a shaky sigh as I leaned back on my chair. Turning it around to face the wide glass window that has the view of a large man-made lake.