Story

"Well, technically it started last month, at the De Luca Charity Gala. They host this 'ball' every year for charity where they auction off a handful of their rarest, most priceless jewelry from their vault. Ones that are not actually sold in their stores."

"Is it a bad time to say that sounds like a spectacular event?" She smiled while she lightly bit her bottom lip. I tilted my head, demanding seriousness. She shook away her amusement and apologized, telling me she was focused. I rolled my eyes, letting a slight smile escape my lips. She makes me smile during impossible times. We could be in the most serious situation, but if we look at each other, there's no controlling our giggles. It's a serious, and embarrassing problem.

"Okay, so. I was obviously there with Luciano. We were perfectly fine for the first part of the evening. He even bought me a beautiful black dress with matching heels. 

Each member of the family had to present two items

Each member of the family had to present two items. When Luc's turn came, he went up to the stage, did his thing, and then after the piece is sold, he's meant to go backstage to talk to the buyer and congratulate them. When he went back, I got up to look for the bathroom. I got kind of lost on my way there; that stupid place was like a fucking maze." I rolled my eyes and shuffled around on the couch, looking for a more comfortable position. I took the blanket off from around my shoulders and placed it on my lap and pulled it up to my neck. 

"Anyways, I obviously ended up at the wrong place, being the backstage entrance. Before I could open the door, Luciano's older brother, Andrew, walked out of the room. When the door swung open, I saw a man, from the back. I didn't see his face but it was obviously Luciano. It was his silky hair, his body and his beautiful grey suit. 

He had his head tilted over the shoulder of a woman. She stood facing away from him, holding her long blonde hair away from his face. His body was inches from hers, and just before the door closed, I saw her slowly spin her head to face his." Tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision, as I tried to stop them from falling. I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with Iz. I heard her let out a sigh.