Brothers

*Elio's point of view*

I glanced over at Sofia every few minutes. At first, she sat with her head in her hands, groggy, and clearly upset about what had happened. She fell asleep quickly after though; I drove to her house much slower than I did on the way here. Looking at her makes my heart ache. I wanna hit myself over how I abandoned her. She's my family. She's like my little sister, even though we're the same age. Even though I feel like this now, looking at how broken Luciano is, makes me feel like I did the right thing. Honestly. I don't know how I feel; this is why I'm trying to prolong our drive. Sitting with her is forcing me to think about it.

We reached her house about 20 minutes later. I shut off the car and got out. Before waking her, I pulled out my phone to call her brother.

*phone call*

Jackson: Elio? It's the middle of the night what the hell is going on.

Elio: Yeah I know. Listen, I'm with Sofia and she's... well, not herself. I think someone should stay with her tonight.

Jackson: I'm on my way.

I hung up the phone and threw it in my pocket. I reached into the car and grabbed her bag, then went around to her side and opened her door. I rested my hand on the top of the doorframe and leaned towards the car, trying my best to wake her gently.

"Hey, we're home."

She groaned then opened her eyes. I helped her out of the car and unlocked her front door. I set her stuff down on the table, then led her to the couch. By the time I grabbed her a glass of water, there was a knock at the door.

"Hey," said Jackson, as he rushed inside, looking for Sofia.

"She's asleep on the couch. You should probably throw a plastic bag by her, just in case. Oh, and this is for her," I said nervously, as I handed Jackson the glass of water.

Now that he's here, I feel like I should leave. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and started walking towards the door, running my hands through my hair.

"Well, I'm gonna go then," I said. I feel like I should say something else, but I couldn't make any words. I turned around to leave, even opening the front door before Jackson stopped me.

"Hey Elio, hold up. Thanks for helping her. I know you gotta side with your brother and everything, but I know this'll mean a lot to her."

I sighed, shook my head then closed the door.

"I shouldn't have left her like that. I used to feel like I was just as much her brother as you are. Now I just feel like an ass."

"You kind of are an ass, but it's never too late to make up for it," he said with a crooked grin. I rolled my eyes with a smile. I honestly thought Jackson would have been pissed at me, but the situation doesn't seem as bad as I expected. I looked at Sofia and sighed, before looking back at Jackson.