Red Zone

*Luciano's point of view*

Elio and I left early today. Being there knowing that someone is ratting us out makes me angrier than I'd like to admit. I gripped the steering wheel tightly as I sped home. Sped is an understatement.

When Elio and I reached the house, we met at the bar to talk. I took off my jacket and placed it over the chair, then going around the bar, pouring both of us a glass of bourbon.

"They found Andrew," I said, watching Elio almost choke on the alcohol in his mouth. He started coughing. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to stop. He looked up at me, wide-eyed, once his coughing died down.

"Where the fuck is he?"

"Here. He's still in California. And that's not even the best part. He's got someone. From our gang. Someone that comes into our fucking warehouse every day, and pretends to be fucking working for us. And on top of all of that, we have to go to a FUCKING auction," I downed the glass of drink and poured myself another one, clearly distressed. Elio just stared at me, in shock. He chuckled a little under his breath then grabbed the bottle from me, pouring himself another glass as well.

"We'll get the motherfucker. Both motherfuckers actually. And this time we can throw Andrew on a cargo ship and send him to the other side of the fucking planet," said Elio. We cheers'd our glasses and both drank.

"So, an auction huh..." Elio said, making his 'oh shit' face. I raised my eyebrows and nodded, looking down at the ground. I gritted my teeth together, causing my jaw to clench.

"It's that stupid Du Pont thing isn't it." I nodded at him.

"We have to choose something from our private collection for donation," I explained. Elio chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

"That's a really generous fucking donation" I laughed back at him, agreeing.

"Mandatory according to Rocco," I said.

We continued to talk about the details of the auction for a few minutes. Both of us clearly not very excited to attend. I know when we tell Ella about it she's gonna be ecstatic to go. She's a sucker for any occasion that allows her to dress up. Sofia was the same way. I couldn't help but think about her. She would have been so excited to go to this stupid thing. I wouldn't have wanted to go, but she would have dragged me there anyways, and we would have ended up having a good time together. The more we talked about it, the more my emotions faded from the anger I was previously feeling to sadness, emptiness and loneliness.

We quickly changed the topic to the drug deal that Milo and I talked about earlier today.

*One month later*

Elio and I sat at the bar, discussing business as usual. We were searching through photos and files of each private piece of jewelry we have, looking for one suitable for the auction. Everything was either too expensive to donate or was of value to my father, therefore untouchable. We were just picking at our brains, and so decided we needed Rocco's help since he's been overseeing the jewelry stores; we packed up the files and started talking about the deal going down tomorrow. We called Milo to come over and talk about the game plan to make sure everything runs smoothly.