Joshua Christensen

*Sofia's point of view*

I fiddled with my fingers while waiting at the red light. I was more anxious than usual, since today, I'm going on a job interview. I'm halfway done school, so it's time for me to start looking for work that will get me the credits and experience I need to graduate. I have an interview with a really high-end designer in LA named Joshua Christensen. It's so crazy and nerve-racking to think that I even have the opportunity to be in the same room as him. My interview is today at 10 am. He told me to show up wearing something that I made myself. This isn't a problem for me, since I've been spending a bunch of time making outfits in school, now that I don't have anywhere else to be. I chose a black and white outfit that I think is very his style, but still a good representation of my work. Although I'm obviously well prepared, I've never been more nervous in my life.

When I made it to his office, there was a young girl sitting outside at a receptionist's desk

When I made it to his office, there was a young girl sitting outside at a receptionist's desk. She stood up and shook my hand, welcoming me. She knew exactly who I was when I walked in; I guess she was expecting me and was prepared. She motioned me towards the door, stopping me before I opened it. She probably realized how nervous I was, since she leaned closer to me and whispered to me.

"Just be yourself, you look great."

I smiled and nodded, thanking her. I took a deep breath and swung the doors open. He was sitting at his desk, on the phone. He was screaming at someone who clearly did something that he was upset about. When he noticed me, he stopped screaming. He scanned my outfit, looking at me up and down.

"I gotta go, fix this!" He screamed, before hanging up the phone. He hasn't taken his eyes off me, standing up from his desk to approach where I stood. He continued to observe what I was wearing. I paused, just observing him observe me. A moment passed, and I finally gathered the courage to speak.

"Hello Mr. Christensen, I'm Sofia Romano," I said with as much confidence as I could squeeze out of myself.

"I thought I told you to wear something that you made yourself," he said, stopping his scan of my clothes and meeting my eyes. I stuttered a little at his statement but then proceeded to respond.

"I designed and made the whole outfit on my own. It's an original," I said more nervously than before. He paused. This made me nervous.

"Exquisite. I wasn't expecting this level of professionalism and design from such a young student. You're hired. You're gonna need to talk to Rebecca out there to sort out the details, but I expect you to be here Monday morning. Oh, and I want you to accompany me to this year's Du Pont Auction. You're gonna model the piece I'm donating," he stated, turning around to sit back behind his desk. I was stunned. I've never been so quickly judged before, and defiantly not in a positive manner such as this.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Christiansen, I won't let you down," I said, nodding at him. He nodded back.

"Good. That'll be all from me, Rebecca will take care of the rest."