Better than Heir

*Luciano's point of view*

I haven't slept for a second all night. More thoughts ran through my mind tonight than ever before. I paced back and forth around my room for hours, wanting to punch a series of holes through the wall; I figured being woken from your sleep once was more than enough for one night. I didn't want to bother the rest of my family. Instead, I decided to soothe my anger by playing the piano. I learned when I was ten years old. My dad used to say that learning and playing the piano will teach you more about life than just how to 'play the piano'. I still don't know what that really means since he would never elaborate. "You'll learn on your own one day my boy" he used to say.

I played the softest melodies I knew, keeping the volume really low in efforts to keep the sound concealed to my room. It seems like everything I do reminds me of her. I stop the piano and just stare at it for a moment. I get so lost in my thoughts, and probably a little exhaustion, that my mind wanders to memories I wish to erase. Memories that used to live in the happiest part of my mind. Memories that feel so real and vivid when I think back to them.

My eyes were closed, as I played my favourite song solely from muscle memory. The only light in the room was that of the moon that was shining on the surface of the glossy black grand piano. I felt her soft touch graze my shoulders, as her hands trailed down them and around my torso. She held me from behind, lowering her head to kiss me on the back of the neck. I stopped playing and turned my head to the side. She met her eyes with mine and smiled at me. Her smile lit my soul on fire. Her touch sent shivers throughout my body. Her eyes, glistening in the moonlight, caused my heart to fill with nothing but pure affection. I slightly smiled back at her as my gaze shifted towards her lips. She leaned forwards and kissed me gently, running her fingers through my hair. "That's a beautiful song." She whispered. "Not nearly as beautiful as you," I replied. I felt her smile through our kiss. I rotated my body around and wrapped my arm around her waist, lifting her up in one swift motion. I carried her in my arms and back to the bed. I felt nothing but love.

I blinked, and it was gone. I scanned the room. Empty. I sat alone at the piano, feeling tears starting to well up in my eyes. Moments like these make me want to get in the car, drive to her house, lift her up in my arms and never let go.

I decided to take a shower and get ready for the significant day I had ahead. I put on a suit with a vest but refrained from adding the suit jacket. The weather in Hollywood was hot enough as it is, I didn't need to add a jacket that I would end up removing anyways. I looked at the time; 9 am. I was about to leave the room when I stopped. I turned around and walked into my closet, opening the top drawer to reveal a series of guns and knives organized neatly in a black foam case. I grabbed a handgun and shoved it in the back of my pants.

 I grabbed a handgun and shoved it in the back of my pants