Will We Recover

*Luciano's point of view*

I noticed a bag with my bloody suit in it. I opened it, struggling due to the lack of function I had on the right side of my body. I pulled out my phone and wallet, which were inside, and threw the bag away. I didn't want to see the blood. Mostly because half of it wasn't even mine. I slowly puttered into the bathroom and cleaned off my phone and wallet, before shoving them both in my pocket. The sling that was holding my arm up was really pissing me off. I couldn't do anything. I inspected the area I was shot in the mirror. I tried to remove the gauze to see the wound, but it stung more than I expected, so I decided to leave it alone. I was about to remove the stupid sling though, when the doctor came inside, rushing towards me when he realized I was out of bed. 

"Mr. De Luca, I advise you to sit down, please sir. You just got out of surgery."

I put out my hand, letting him know to stop before he helped me back into the bed. He stopped instantly, taking a step back to give me the space I demanded.

"How long ago?" I asked, trying to figure out how long I've been here. 

"yesterday," he responded. I nodded lightly to myself. 24 hours. That's not bad. 

"Take me to my brother," I said as seriously as I could manage, given the amount of pain I was enduring. The doctor heisted, followed by a sigh, but then nodded at me.

"Wheelchair, please? I don't think you want another surgery to repair the damages that will be caused if you don't take it easy," I raised my eyebrows at his bravery. My reaction caused him to second guess his bravery. "Mr. De Luca, I didn't mean to step out of line, I-"

"No no, don't apologize. Let me teach you something. Never go back on your word Dr..."

"Agreste."

"Dr. Agreste. That shows weakness. Don't show weakness, especially around people like me," I said, motioning for him to bring the wheelchair over to me. As I sat in it slowly, he started pushing it out of the room.

"Thank you," he managed to say after a couple of minutes of taking in what I had said. I just nodded, rubbing my face out of frustration with everything that has happened. I wonder how many men I lost. I don't remember how many were on the helicopter with us when we left. I wonder if Armani got away or if someone was left to capture him... So many questions and no one to answer them. Lost in my own thoughts, I almost failed to notice Izabella walking down the hall, in the same direction we were going. She noticed me a moment after I noticed her.

"Oh my goodness!" She pleaded, hugging me from an angle, ensuring that she doesn't squeeze any part of my right side, which was clearly wrapped up. I also had my right arm in a sling. I hugged her back, before kissing her cheek.

"What? you happy to see me or something?" I teased. Izabella and I always had a really amusing relationship with one another. Our friendship consisted of a lot of jokes, and teasing and laughter. Of course, this was all before. I'm trying, but now, I'm not so sure if I can be that same person. I'm much more serious now than I was then. She rolled her eyes at me and smiled.

"Tell me who had the balls to rob the two richest men in the state? I have some ass-kicking to do."

"Robbed," I whispered under my breath, followed by a chuckle. That's what Milo must have told them happened. She's obviously referring to the jewelry business since they don't know about the other one. Props to Milo for thinking quickly on his feet.

"What?" She questioned, as I daydreamed, thinking about the details of the so-called robbery. I shook my head, then looked back up at her.

"Nothing. Do you know how Elio is doing, have you seen him?" I asked nervously. She furrowed her eyebrows, allowing pity to wash over her face. This worried me. She looked up at the doctor, signalling that she's got it from here. He nodded back and then left. She walked to the other side of me and started pushing my wheelchair.

A few moments later, she stopped outside a room with a closed door. It was labelled ICU, but there were blinds where clear glass usually is. I assume that Milo must have demanded privacy. She walked around me and slid the door open, revealing a big room with a bed in the middle of it. Ella and Sofia were sitting in the corner, just in each other's company. I was too distracted to pay any more attention to them though. There were double the tubes and wires and machines that were in my room, all connected to Elio in different parts of his body. Wires on his chest and shoulders, a tube in his throat, which was making a loud noise, more tubes coming out of his arm and hand, and gauze wrapped around every inch of his chest.

Izabella rolled me inside. My breathing got heavier, as I covered my face with my hands. She pushed my wheelchair right up beside his bed. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to build up the courage to touch him. When I finally did, his hand was warm. I'm not sure why, but that's not what I expected, seeing him like this. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I stared at his face for the first time since I watched him wink at me when I rolled over the AK. I rarely ever see Elio without a smile on his face. The total opposite of me. Seeing him like this broke my heart. Knowing that I put him in danger made me hate myself. Thinking that he may not live because of something that I arranged...

I sat there lost in my thoughts, tears rolling down my cheeks. I haven't cried in... I don't remember the last time I cried. When Sofia and I broke up I instantly entered an angry phase, never allowing myself to cry. But now, in this moment, I didn't have the energy to be angry.A few minutes passed, and I wheeled myself into the corner, allowing Ella to sit by his side. I peeked to my left out of the corner of my eye. Sofia was looking down, playing with her hands again, as I watched tears roll down the sides of her face. I wanted to get up and wipe them away. I wanted to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be fine. That Elio was going to be fine. But I can't. Because she's not mine. And I don't know if Elio will be okay.