Be Mine

*Sofia's point of view*

Elio decided to get some rest, so I left and started wandering around the halls. I noticed Milo leaving the house, which is probably the business that Luciano had to attend to. I made my way upstairs and to his bedroom. I was getting colder than before, so I decided to go back in there and grab a sweatshirt.

I went into his closet and immediately brought my attention back to the table of weaponry. It made my heart pound, even though Luciano explained it. To think that he would be carrying these...

I ran my hands across them, feeling the cold metal against my fingertips. I wanted to check to see if they were loaded, but I honestly didn't know how, and I don't wanna end up shooting a hole through anything in this room. I shook off the uneasy feeling and grabbed a sweatshirt. I pulled it over my head, letting the smell of cologne and a faint trace of his shampoo fill the air around me. I took a deep breath, taking in as much of it as I could. Today almost feels unreal. Like it could disappear if I blinked too hard.

I made my way to Luciano's office, which I assume is his dad's old office, since he left. When I approached the door, I was too nervous to just barge in, so I knocked faintly. I heard him mumble a response. I couldn't make it out, but I just opened the door slowly, peeking my head through the crack. He sat at his desk with a cigarette in between his lips. He looked tenser than he did earlier. I'm guessing the meeting didn't go as planned? He was looking out the window but then turned his head to see who was bothering him. When he saw me, he spun his chair around and motioned me towards him. I shut the door behind me and speed-walked in his direction. The office was... huge. So it was kind of a ways away. when I approached him, he patted his lap, telling me to sit on it.

"come."

I did as he said, wrapping my arm around his neck. He put one hand around my waist, and the other, he used to take the cigarette out of his mouth every couple of seconds. I hate when he smokes, but he's stressed out, so it hardly seems like the time to scold him for it. I ran my fingers through his hair, then tilted his head up to face me.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" I asked. I watched him furrow his eyebrows, thinking about my offer. He smiled at me a moment later, then tightened his grip around my waist.

"Yes. But I can't, it's top-secret business," he joked while whispering in my ear. He planted a kiss on the side of my neck, before making eye contact with me once again. I rolled my eyes playfully, accepting his response. He doesn't like to share his problems with other people. 'That makes it your problem. And why would I want to do that?', is what he used to say. He means well, but he's burdening himself. I kept eyeing his cigarette since it was bothering me. He must've noticed, because he removed it from between his lips, and threw it into the ashtray. I smiled at his gesture.

"Sofia?"

"Yes?"

"Go out to dinner with me tonight."

I let a smile slip, before putting a serious expression on my face.

"Well, I'll have to check my schedule first..." I teased. He stood up abruptly, with me still in his arms. I screeched a little, wrapping my legs around his hips to secure myself. His weaker arm remained around my waist, but he shifted the other one under my butt to secure me up in his arms. I continued to giggle, as he spun me around.