43.2

Imagine it's later on in the day and you're on the way to John's tattoo appointment

"Are you nervous?" You ask John, comfortingly squeezing his hand, which is placed on your thigh, as he drives the rental lambo with his other hand on the steering wheel.
"Nope. Not really. I think I've got a pretty high pain tolerance." He says with confidence. Your thoughts flash back to multiple times when John's stepped on something sharp or hit his funny bone somewhere and laugh. "What are you laughing at?" He questions.
"I just don't think you do have a high pain tolerance. You scream like a baby." You tease him.
"I do not." Johnny retorts quickly. You raise your eyebrows in disbelief. "Okay maybe I do, but I think I'll be fine." He amends, chuckling.
"I believe you."
"No you don't." He smiles.
"I do! If you think you'll be fine, you'll be fine." You say, returning his smile, whilst hoping he will be okay because you'd hate to think of him in too much pain.

Soon after, Johnny pulls in to the street opposite the tattoo parlour. He gets out the car and before you can open it yourself, opens your door and helps you out. "Thanks John." You smile.
"Anytime baby." He takes your hand as you walk across the road together.
Once in the parlour, you both look around in awe. There are cool neon signs and lots of tattoo designs all over the wall. Almost as soon as you walk in, the tattoo artist waves you both over as John squeezes your hand, whether to reassure himself or you, you don't know. As the man begins to speak to Johnny, you go sit on one of the plush sofas as to not get in the way. Another man, around 20, walks over to you to offer you a drink, to which you politely decline. You're already nervous enough, if you have any more to drink you'll probably have an accident.

"Y/N," John calls to you as he comes over. "I want my tattoo to be a surprise for you, so you can only sit with me if you promise not to look." He grins, knowing you won't like this.
"Obviously I'm going to sit with you."
"Then no looking."
"But-" You begin to say before he places a hand over your mouth, his smile growing increasingly cheeky.
"No buts!"
"Fine." You roll your eyes, letting John lead you over to the tattoo chair.

Half an hour later, as your neck begins to ache from trying not to look at the tattoo whilst still talking to John, you hear the tattoo artist wrapping up Johnny's arm. "Wait, are you done already?" You ask him.
"Yep, your boyfriend chose a simple tatt, so didn't take too long."
"Oh, okay!" You turn back to John. "Hmm I'm surprised, you handled that quite well."
He shrugs, chuckling as he gets off the chair, hiding his arm from you. "I told you I'd be fine."
"And I told you I believed you. So I did know you would be fine."
"Yeah sure you believed me babe." He shakes his head, laughing as you both walk out of the parlour, waving goodbye and saying thanks to the artist.

Once you're walking across the street, you take John's hand and look up at him. "When can I see the tattoo?"
"Soon."
"Not soon, your version of soon is basically forever." You moan, pouting.
"Fine fine fine. Stand here." He stops by the car, placing you opposite him. Taking a few steps back, he slowly lifts his arm up, with his hand covering the tattoo. "Are you sure you're ready?" He teases.
"Yes!"
With a huge grin on his face, he takes his hand away and does his new favourite pose. "Ta da!"
"No way, that looks so cool John." You run over to get a closer look. "Roman numerals?"
"Uh huh." He confirms. "They're my sisters birth years."
"What's the fourth one underneath then? That's too recent for anyones birth year in your family." You question, gently tracing your finger over the dates.
"It's the year I met you." He takes his other hand and cups it under your chin, angling your head upwards, towards his.
"Oh." You whisper in awe, your breath taken away. With a small smile, he leans in and kisses you, leaving you even more breathless.
Your face still close to his, he whispers. "Do you like it then?" You nod, unable to find the words to explain just how much you like it.

Later, after a long, busy day celebrating you and John are sat watching the sunset together on the balcony. You're led on a blanket with pillows spread out around you. John has his arm around you as you rest your head on his shoulder, his head on top of yours. Not wanting to break the spell of the sunset, you deliberate whether to end the comfortable silence. But John does it first. "Have you had a good day?" He whispers.
"I should be the one asking you that, it's your birthday, not mine."
"But you're my priority. I want to make sure you had a good day, with it being my birthday or not." He lifts his head and looks at you, carefully turning your head to face him.
"Well if you really want to know-"
He cuts you off, smiling. "Yes I do."
"I did have a good day today, a really good day. However, it is your birthday so now I want to know; did you have a good day?"
"Every day spent with you is a good day." Before you can respond, he closes the gap between you, placing his soft lips on your own. When he pulls away, he murmurs, his warm breath fanning your face, "I love you so much Y/N."
"I love you more."
"I love you most." The corners of his mouth turn up slightly as he leaves a kiss on the tip of your nose.
"Then surely you can answer this question." You grin, hoping he'll answer the question that has been bugging you for hours.
"Anything."
Lowering your voice, you lean in even closer. "What did you wish for?"
He takes a deep breath, his eyes gazing into yours. "To be with you forever."

Authors note:
heyyyy!! sorry this second part has taken so long to come out aha but I'm very happy with it and I think it's really cute hkjfsdjjs🥺

ALSO!!! thank you for almost 40k reads??? that's mad omg!! I love you all <333
and a very special chapter is coming out tomorrow! so be ready!!

hope you enjoyed! if you did, feel free to leave a comment and or vote! thanks for reading ❤️