39

Imagine you're on a walk in the snow with your boyfriend Johnny

Imagine you're on a walk in the snow with your boyfriend Johnny. He's been in a bad mood most of the day so you thought you'd ask to go on a walk, to cheer him up. But so far all he's done is speed off ahead of you. If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was annoyed at you. But as it is, you know if you were the reason behind his mood, he'd tell you.

"John, wait up, you're walking too fast." You whinge. He slows down only very slightly, still going too fast for you to catch up. "Wow. So helpful." You mutter under your breath, rolling your eyes. Then, out of the corner of your eye, you see a pile of snowballs, ready-made, almost as if they were there for you.

Before you can think it through, you creep over and reach down to pick one up. Then, with surprising speed, you hurl the snowball towards Johnny and instantly clap your hands over your mouth because as you watch the snowball zoom towards him, you know exactly where it's going to land. Right on his head. You hope you're wrong but unfortunately, not even seconds later it smacks him directly in the middle of his head. He whirls around, flicking snow out of his hair as he looks at you, not a flicker of a smile on his face. 'Great. If he wasn't annoyed at me before, he is now.'  You think to yourself.

If looks could kill...

Until, out of nowhere a huge smile erupts on his face. "You're on." He winks, crouching down to scoop up a snowball. You turn, trying to run away through the snowy field.
"No, I didn't mean it. Stop." You laugh, craning your head back to see what he's doing. You regret it instantly because the snowball smashes right into your face. Wiping the snow out of your eyes, you can see John bending over, in absolute hysterics. Watching him for a few seconds, your heart warms finally seeing him smile again but then you see him begin to make yet another snowball, so you do the same.

Snowballs are flying everywhere as you both run through the field, covered in snow. Laughing and breathless, you reach the end of the field at the same time and collapse onto each other in the snow. "I definitely won that." You say.
"Hmm. No, you're completely drenched in melted snow, I on the other hand am almost completely dry."
"Ugh. Fine. You won. But I'll win next time." You look up at his face and give him a quick peck on the cheek. "Can we go home now though? My feet are like ice."
Johnny chuckles as he helps you up, then he takes your hand as you begin to walk home.

"Y/N/N?"
"Johnny?"
"Thanks for cheering me up."
"Anytime. That's what I'm here for." With your free hand, you flip your hair in fake smugness, making him chuckle again. "But are you okay though? You know you can always tell me what's wrong."
"I'm fine, yeah I know, maybe I'll tell you later."
"Okay. Well you know where I am."
"Yes. Holding my hand and trudging through the snow with me." He smiles at his joke.
"Funny."
"I know. Now c'mon let's get home quickly and I'll make hot chocolate."
"Yes please do, can we have it with-" Your words are cut off as Johnny suddenly picks you up in the bridal carry. He sprints off, holding you close to his chest and that's how you get back. Johnny running with you through the snow, both of you laughing all the way home.

Authors note:
hiii!! hope you're all doing good! thank you so much for 25K reads!! THAT'S CRAZY!! I honestly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart ❤️

hope you enjoyed! if you did, feel free to leave a comment and/or vote! thank you for reading 💕