13

Imagine you're at Taco Bell with Johnny

Imagine you're at Taco Bell with Johnny. It's one of your favourite food places, so when Johnny asked if you wanted to go with him, you were delighted. But not just for the food, also because you like Johnny. As in, you like Johnny. Of course he doesn't know this. And you'd like to keep it that way.

As usual, you're both sat chatting away, not a care in the world. When you're both together, there's nothing else on your mind but him. So it pains you when you need to go to the toilet, not wanting to miss a second with Johnny.

You slide back into your seat just as your phone pings and you pick it up, wondering who's texted you. It's a Snapchat notification from Johnny. You look up at him, confused. "Why'd you snapchat me? We're literally sat across the table from each other." You laugh.
He looks at you, his eyes wide and mouth full, like a deer in headlights. He swallows quickly and laughs awkwardly. "Uh, well, you were in the toilet so I texted you. Just open it."

You raise your eyebrows but open the snap anyways. It's a picture of your empty chair with the caption : 'miss you already. come back quickly please so I can see your cute face again. 😁'.
Now it's your turn for your eyes to widen. You clear your throat, trying to think of something to say. Why would he say you're cute?

Suddenly Johnny breaks the silence. "That was supposed to send when you were in the bathroom obviously but um it's a bit delayed." He scratches his neck, looking kind of sheepish.
"I gathered that. But I mean, it's sent now."
He laughs, slightly less awkward now. "No way? Really? I thought it hadn't sent!"
You roll your eyes. "Less of the sarcasm Orlando."
"Sorry Y/L/N."
"You should be."
"Well, I am."
"Good." You smile, cocking your head to the side.

"See. You're cute," There he goes again, making you blush. "Aw and now you're blushing."
"You can't talk, you got all awkward when I opened your snap." You smirk.
"Well, what do you expect? I just told you I think you're cute for the first time, I didn't know how you were going to react, did I?"
"Obviously I'd be happy."
"Why?" He replies quickly, catching you off guard.
"Because I like you." You curse yourself as you realise what you just admitted.
"Yeah, I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." He grins, taking a bite of his food.
"Wow, thanks." You roll your eyes in fake annoyance.
"You're welcome. Oh and I like you too."
You smile, trying to hide your surprise. "I know."
"Of course you do." He winks, knowing perfectly well you had no idea.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for Johnny to know.

Authors note:
hey! I didn't know how to end this so sorry for the abrupt ending 🤦‍♀️
but thank you so much for 300 reads!!! 💕💕

hope you enjoyed! if you did feel free to leave a vote and/or comment! thanks for reading 💓