44

Authors note:hi! this is a special chapter dedicated to gia! your friend amber (amberr42424 ) told me it was your birthday today! so here's a present from her (and from me!!) happy 17th birthday gia!! I hope you have the best birthday and I hope y...

Authors note:
hi! this is a special chapter dedicated to gia! your friend amber (amberr42424 ) told me it was your birthday today! so here's a present from her (and from me!!) happy 17th birthday gia!! I hope you have the best birthday and I hope you like the chapter 💕
and for the rest of you lovely readers, I just thought I'd let you know this is going to be told from gias pov so it will be first person and not y/n!  love you all , enjoy ❤️ (end of a/n)

GIA'S POV
Looking around me, I can see I'm in a room full of all my favourite people. My family, my friends and most important of all, my boyfriend John. A birthday banner saying 'Happy 17th birthday Gia' is strung over a table full of a mouth-watering selection of food. As I stand there, hand in hand with John, I couldn't be happier. I feel content.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

I jolt awake, my alarm ringing in my ears. Feeling disorientated at the sudden feeling of waking up, I struggle to turn the alarm off. Once I manage it, I lie back down on my bed, the memories of my dream swirling around my mind. The remnants of happiness I felt slowly drain out of me as I remember that although today is my birthday, John won't be there to celebrate with me. He told me he'd try to get time away from the studio, but he couldn't, not even for my 17th.

After sulking in bed, wishing John was here, I resolve to enjoy the day. Johnny or not. Forcing myself out of bed, I slowly get myself ready and as I do so my bad mood gradually lifts as I get into the birthday spirit. When I'm ready, I check my phone and see a text message from John : happy birthday baby, sorry I can't be there today, I love you <3. Tears spring to my eyes as I reread the words over and over. I knew he wouldn't be here but I guess there was a little part of me that thought he would still manage to come. Taking a deep breath, I wipe away the few tears that escaped and calm myself back down, finally ready.

Walking down the stairs, I can hear the hushed voices of my family whispering excitedly. I smile to myself as I walk and before I can even step into the living room properly a loud shout explodes from around the room. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIA!!" My family all rush at once to hug me, enveloping me in their warmth, radiating happiness.
"Thanks guys." I'm ushered over to the pile of presents but one in particular catches my eye. It's super big and has the most outlandish wrapping of them all, glittery and gold with a big red bow on it. My first instinct is to go to that present but I don't, instead, I make my way through the smaller gifts, appreciating everything I was given.
One thing I did notice, however, was that Johnny's gift to me was not in the pile and I'm sure he said it would be there on the day but I try not to worry, I'm sure it just hasn't arrived yet. My eyes focus back on the big present, the only one remaining.
"This is a big one." I state, making my family laugh. First, I take off the bow and then I begin to gently rip of the wrapping and see some sort of writing on the side of a cardboard box. Leaning my head to the side I see something about garden furniture- but why would I get garden furniture for my birthday? I'm about to turn to them in confusion when I notice the flaps on top of the box open. "Wha-"

Suddenly a head pops out of the box. "SURPRISE!" A voice yells as I jump back in surprise, falling onto the floor in shock, because before my very eyes is... "JOHN?" I shout, standing back up, immediately rushing to help him out of the box. I blink a few times, unsure if he's actually in front of me or if I'm dreaming somehow. Before I can pinch myself to check, John sweeps me off my feet, turning on the spot with me. "Happy birthday Gia." He says when he puts me back down, a huge grin upon his face.
"I can't believe you're here, I thought you couldn't come?" I blink back tears of happiness.
"You really think I'd miss my best girls 17th? I think not." He wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me in close.
"I'm so happy you're here." I murmur into his chest. And I really am.

A few moments later, John pulls back, cupping my face in his hands. "I almost forgot, I have something for you." He turns away, reaching into the box he came from and pulling out a much smaller gift-wrapped box, similar to the wrapping that adorned his box. "Happy birthday."
"How many times are you going to wish me a happy birthday?" I tease, taking the box from him and sitting on the sofa my family evacuated at some point; they must've snuck out without me realising.
John sits beside me expectantly. "I'm waiting." He grins.
"Patience is key." I decide to tease him further by beginning to open the gift agonisingly slow, one tiny piece by one tiny piece.
"Giaaaaa." He groans, putting his head in his hands, resulting in a laugh from me.
"Okay okay." I give in, fully opening the present to reveal a white box. "Wow thanks baby! A box, I love it."
John raises his eyebrows at me, trying to supress his laughter. "C'mon Gia, haven't you made me wait enough?"
In response, I open the box, my eyes growing wide at its contents. A silver necklace lies inside the box, a tiny heart with 'G&J' inscribed on it front and centre. I raise my hand to my mouth, looking up at John.
"Do you like it?" He asks nervously, trying to decipher my reaction.
Instead of answering him, I put the beautiful necklace on the side table before throwing my arms around my boyfriend, leaving short kisses all over his face. "I love it." I whisper, my lips centimetres away from his.
"And I love you." He whispers back as he reaches past me for the necklace. He gestures for me to turn around so I do so. Gently moving the hair around my neck over my shoulder, he unhooks the necklace, putting it on for me. When he's done, he delicately moves me back round to face him so our faces are once again centimetres away. He lifts a hand up, placing it on my cheek, leaning in even closer. My breath hitches in anticipation as he finally closes the gap, our lips fitting together perfectly. I place my arms behind his neck, pulling him into me as he moves his hands to my hips. A minute or two later, my stomach is still performing somersaults as the kiss comes to an end and we're both pulled back to reality.
"Thank you." I finally say.
"For the kiss? Or the necklace?" Johnny winks, bringing me to his side into a cuddle.
"Both." A giggle escapes my mouth as he chuckles.
He winks once more. "Thought so."

The day passes in a happy blur of celebration and before I know it we're at my favourite restaurant for my birthday meal. John sits opposite me on the table with my family surrounding us. The main course and starter were delicious and now we're awaiting our desserts. When it finally arrives they place the star of the meal on the table: my chocolate dessert tower. Johnny eyes it greedily, despite his own cake sitting in front of him. He catches my eye and a cheeky grin appears as he picks his spoon up, reaching towards my dessert. "John!" I fake gasp.
"Sharing is caring baby." His spoon inches closer as his grin grows wider.
"Hmm good thing I care then." I smile at him and gesture for him to go ahead and try some. He takes a small bite, humming in delight.
"That's nice!"
"Really? I didn't know." I say sarcastically as he offers me some of his own dessert. So, I take my spoon and have a small spoonful of his, before finishing my own.

Back home, we're chilling on my bed after the long day. "Do you see why it's my favourite restaurant now?" I ask Johnny.
"Just for the delicious desserts?"
"You got it."
"They were really nice, I must admit."
"Mhm." I snuggle in closer to his chest, to which he responds by slightly tightening his grip around me.
"Have you had a good birthday?" He asks, kissing the top of my head.
"The best."
"As good as you imagined?"
"Better!!" I exclaim. It couldn't be more true. I knew my birthday would be good with my family but with Johnny? It was amazing and like in my dream from this morning; I couldn't be happier.

Authors note:
once again I just wanted to say a huge happy birthday to gia!! I really hope you enjoyed the chapter! lots of love, mia ❤️

I hope everyone else enjoyed it too! if you did, feel free to leave a comment and/or vote (and a happy birthday to gia!!) thanks for reading 💕