Valley Fest

"When are sectionals?" Sam asked me, finishing the iced tea in her hand.

"A week." I said reaching into a small, shallow bag of mini donuts in my hand. I plopped one into my mouth.

"That's so soon." She exclaimed, reaching over and stealing of of the donuts from my bag. I playfully swatted her hand away. "Are you nervous?" 

"Excited actually." We passed a garbage as we walked, she handed me her cup and I threw out my now empty bag and her empty drink. "Look, there's something I need to tell you about." I caved, thinking about a certain someone who was moving. We had been texting recently, and hopefully, they'll be here in time to compete for sectionals.

"Sure, go for it." She looked at me. 

I gripped my bag strap tighter. "Well.."

"Hey guys!" Robby said approaching us. 

"Hey, what were you saying Lydia?" Sam asked me.

"Nothing, I'll tell you later." I sighed. Robby looked at me curiously. 

"Do you guys want to go over our routine for the show?" Robby said, his eyes shifting between Sam and I. 

"Sure." Sam answered happily.

About thirty minutes later, we were still going over the routine, me mostly by myself while Sam and Robby did it closely together

About thirty minutes later, we were still going over the routine, me mostly by myself while Sam and Robby did it closely together. I stopped and walked closer to the two of them when I saw Mr. LaRusso walking towards us. "Hey guys, thanks for doing this." He announced his presence. "How you doing?" 

"Little short notice but I think we got it." Robby said, looking at Sam and I for confirmation. 

We both nodded in agreement. "Hey, I was thinking for the finale I could do some sort of flip kick." Sam added, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head. I squinted and rested my chin on Robby's shoulder. 

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey." He replied smiling down at me. 

"Don't worry about the finale, I've got it covered." Danial told Sam smiling.

Robby turned around slightly and pointed at a wooden object with slits. "What's that for?" I removed my head from his shoulder and rested my hands on my hips. 

"That." He paused and walked to a cooler situated behind him. He opened it and picked out a chunk of ice. "You'll see." He was smirking towards all of us, looking down at the ice as if it were the most important thing in the world.

" He was smirking towards all of us, looking down at the ice as if it were the most important thing in the world

"We got this." Sam said to Robby and I. We were currently back stage, dressed in gi's, waiting to be called on. 

"We'll I mean, I do, I just hope you guys don't mess us." I joke, smiling towards the ground. My leg was bouncing up and down in a nervous way.

"You'll do fine." Robby whispered to me, placing a hand on my shoulder in a comforting way. I turned my head towards him and smiled, only realizing that our faces were inches apart. I felt his warm breath on my face, it smelt like mint and vanilla. I quickly turned away, trying to hide my blush. 

"Okay we're on!" Sam said breaking the tension, completely un aware of the pervious events.

We walked on stage, getting into our starting positions. When the audiences attention was directed towards us, our presentation started. We bowed to the audience, and got into formation. We started by going through the technique and routine we were practicing earlier while Danial stood behind us, doing something else. Robby was in between Sam and I, giving me the luxury of being on the end. We ended in a downward strike, sending the crowd into applause. 

We returned to our original positions and bowed to the audience again. While doing so, my eyes skimmed over the crowd, looking for a familiar face. I couldn't see anyone I recognized because there were too many people in the crowd. I quickly ran off stage and grabbed Danial's cane, handing it to him when I got on stage again. Then, Robby, Sam, and I did another routine while Mr. LaRusso spun his cane. 

After, Sam was the first to "attack" Danial. We all circled him until we got into our places. Sam tried striking which he blocked with the cane then struck her, she blocked all of the attacks. He then turned to hit Robby who dove over-top the cane and rolled over and stood up. 

Last but not least, he turned to me. We circled for a bit until I jumped up and threw a flying roundhouse, he caught it with his cane and threw mw onto the ground, I rolled and stood up. Danial did a few more moves then held the cane to his side. I walked to stand by Sam. The crowd bursted into applause. We all bowed one more time.

I looked towards Robby who was already looking at me, a smile evident on his face. I smiled back, pushing one of my braids over my shoulder. "Now time for the grand finale!" Danial announced to the crowd. We all walked off stage. 

Danial was halfway back on the stage when the power was shut off. I looked around me to see Robby and Sam just as confused as I was. 

"Cobra Kai!" Loud voices erupted from the disturbance, I ran to the corner of the the stage to see Cobra Kai's students running towards the large stage in the same way they did at the tournament, chanting their name and all. "Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" At the front, Miguel and Hawk. Robby and Sam had now followed me back onto the stage. 

The audience was easily distracted and followed the new attraction back to the main stage. "What the hell is going on?" Danial asked. 

"Sabotage, that's what." I scoffed in distaste. "I'm not watching this." I say, walking off the stage and to my bag. I pick up my phone and turn it on. 

Scrolling through my contacts, I find the one I was looking for. I dial the number and after two rings, they pick up.

"Hey, long time to talk." He joked, over the loud music, it was hard to hear him.

"Hey Nick." I smile into the phone.

Dun-dun-daaaaa! Drama!! Ooooh I'm so excited to write the next chapter!! Comment Vote!!

Thanks

-Daisy