Thick Tension

I sat with my head resting in my now bandaged hands, trying to block out the sounds of Demetri and Chris fighting. As soon as I had come out of the washroom, Chris had come up to me and formally apologized and I told him that I didn't hold it against him. He smiled at went back to work, and so did I. Trying my best not to look at Robby, knowing as soon as I do I'd break and fess up. I also avoided all contact with Sam, feeling guilty at what had happened.

I sighed as they argued over a silly little thing, calling one another names and such. Thank god, when Mr. LaRusso came and took my place as the mediator, in all honesty, I sucked at. Getting up from my spot I wondered over to the koi pond, wanting to have a minute of piece and quiet. I slid my shoes and socks off and slipped my legs into the water, letting them hand in the liquid. It was cold and refreshing for such a hot day, making me crave the ocean and my board. "Hey." I heard a voice say from beside me. 

"Hey." I responded, turning my head away from them and looking at the wooded deck that held water droplets.

"Robby told me what happened with your hands, how are they?" Sam questioned, pushing a few pieces of brown hair out of her eyes. 

"There're better now." I say smiling, memories of a current events fill my stomach with butterflies. I choose against looking at her, afraid to spill my guts and come clean. If you tell her, she'll never forgive you or Robby. A voice from inside my head whispers, the voice sounding raspy and quiet. 

"So, what did you and Nick do last night after you guys left my house?" Her voice almost suggesting something.

"If you're suggesting that anything happened, nothing did. He came to my house and we talked." I shrugged nonchalantly, continuing to look anywhere but at her.

"Uh-hu, sure." I could hear the smirk on her face. "So, you excited that you're moving on to regionals?" Sam asked, obviously starting to feel the tension.

"Um yeah, I've been before though, so, it won't be anything different." I said. We sat in a bit of silence, no one saying anything.

"Why are things awkward between us?" She broke the silence, her gaze burning holes into the side of my head.

"Look Sam, I need to tell you something." I blurt, and then I couldn't stop now. "I kissed Robby." 

The look on her face was pure shock, I don't think the information had sunk in. "W-what?" She asked dumbfounded. 

"I know, it was a mistake, and it was completely my fault. I kissed him, and he pushed me off right after." I babble on, if I was going to hell, I wasn't going to drag him down with me. I let my word sink in as she stared at me, an unreadable expression settled on her face. "Are you mad." My voice filled with worry.

"Well, I probably would have been more mad if you hadn't told me." She shrugs, her eyes falling from me and down to the water. I sat there, letting her think through everything. "And no, I don't think I'm mad." She answered.

"Really?" I questioned in shock, my eyes darting back to her. 

"Yeah, I know you liked him, and I kind of stole him from you, so, I had it coming." She chuckled the slightest bit.  A smile creeped onto my face. 

"So, we're good?" I asked, praying for the best.

"Yeah, we are." She answered.

"Great, again sorry. And please don't mention this to Robby, let me tell him, and come clean to him." I told her.

"Of course." She responded.

No Author's note this time! Comment and Vote!

Thanks

-Daisy