Father like Daughter

Robby and I found ourselves outside an apartment, practically holding Sam up by the arms. Robby knocked on the door and we only waited a few seconds before it opened, revealing Jonny Lawrence, Robby's dad. "Hey dad." Robby said. Jonny looked from Robby, to Sam and finally to me.  "Can we crash here?" Robby asked his dad.

"Yeah sure, come in, come in." And he ushered us inside.

***

I looked up from my phone from my place on the couch to see Robby walking out of the room were he had slept on the armchair and Sam had slept on the bed. Robby told me to sleep on the bed, but I had refused him, not really wanting to share a bed with Sam in the moment, so, I got the couch. He brought his hand up to wave and I looked back at my phone.

I heard him say something to his dad who was cooking breakfast on the stove. Their voices were lowered, either so I couldn't hear what they were talking about or or so they didn't wake up Sam. I didn't care which one it was. 

I was also well aware that Robby had seen the kiss between Hawk and I, and so had everyone else. I hoped off the couch and started to walk towards the door. "Thanks for this, it was fun, but I think I've extended my stay." I say, breaking their conversation and opening the door and walking out with no hesitation. I made it halfway to my car before I heard someone call my name and a door quietly closed. 

I turned around, sighing and placing my hands on my hips while looking at the ground. "Lydia, what's wrong?" Robby asked, coming to stop in front of me, a confused look on his face. 

I take a deep breath and run a hand through my hair, pushing the red strands out of my face. "Look Robby, I can't do this anymore." I tell him, my voice breaking the slightest bit. No, I told myself, don't let him see you cry. I took a deep breath.

"Can't do what anymore?" Robby asked, his green eyes shining with hurt and worry. 

"Oh stop playing dumb for one minute Robby, I can't watch you and Sam, she's my best friend and well, you're you." I said, my voice raising a bit. 

"Why can't you, you're with Hawk." Robby replied, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Yeah, I was, but I came to the conclusion he was a distraction, and a god damn good one too because I completely dismissed my feelings for you, I shoved them aside so you and Sam could be happy together." I explained, crossing my arms over my chest and rubbing them up and down while I glared at him. 

He scoffed. "So you used him?" He asked, ignoring what I said about shoving aside my feelings.

"So what, you didn't like him anyway so don't act like you care about him, unlike me, I did care for him, the feelings weren't fake, but they are not like the ones I have for you Robby. Also I'm not the only one who was looking for a distraction in that relationship." I tell him and I saw as his face was filled with realization that Eli and I were both using each other, that it wasn't one sided. 

He stood there in silence, taking in the information. "And Robby, she kissed him." I say softly, unable to not tell him. 

Robby's eyes snapped up to meet mine. "What?" He asked. 

"What do you think Robby, she kissed him." I repeat, looking at his face as hurt and betrayal crossed his face. "Sam kissed Miguel." I finish, my voice giving out completely.

He stared at my face, trying to get a read and some explanation. I already knew what he saw in my face, pity, sadness and regret. "No." He finally said, his voice sounding strong and angry. 

"What?" I asked, it was my turn to be confused. 

"Sam wouldn't do that." Robby filled in. "She wouldn't kiss him. How do I know if you're just saying that to break us up?" Robby asked, putting up all his walls of defense. 

"Because I may love you Robby, and I might hate you and Sam together so much that it burns, but I will never stoop that low, and if you even had to think that that was the reason I said that, then maybe I should just go." I finished, looking at his face as it stared at me with an expression I was all to familiar with. Utter heartbreak. And I think it was what I had said to him. I hadn't even I realized I'd said it before it slipped out. I turned around and walked to my car, quickly so I wouldn't break down before I got there.

I threw open the door and climbed inside, driving away as fast as possible. That's when the water works started. Tear after tear ran down my face as I cried. I cried for Robby, I cried for Eli, I cried for Demetri, I cried for Sam and I cried for myself. Eventually, my cries turned into Sobs and I had trouble breathing. I was gasping for air while tried to keep a steady hand on the steering wheel. I was in the middle lane, in between two cars. My vision started to warp as tear clouded my vision, making everything blurry. I heard a honk and the next thing I knew I felt a large smash and I was turning, rolling and flipping. I let go of the steering wheel and tried to cover my head with my arms. I can't die, please no! I cried out to the universe. I felt my head bang against the steering wheel, then window. Glass was everywhere, in my hair, on my skin and in my clothes. I opened my mouth to scream, but I couldn't hear myself. 

When the car finally stopped moving, I was already passed out. 

Sorry, short chapter and cliff hanger! Anyway, let me know your thoughts in the comments! Thanks!

Vote and Comment

-Daisy