Lead Up

I pulled into a spot in the already over crowded parking lot

I pulled into a spot in the already over crowded parking lot. I turned the car off and hopped out of my car. "Can you grab the board D?" I asked the brown haired boy I brought with me.

"How?" He asked from the other side of the car. 

"Just un-latch the clips." I instructed while doing the same thing on my side. When the board was free, Demetri grabbed it and hauled it down from the top of my car. I walked over to him and took my board out of his hands. "Thanks." I muttered slinging my one arm over top the board, tucking it into my side.

"Hey, where are Sam and Robby." Demetri asked, we started to walk along the path to the beach. Passing multiple people standing and staring at their phones or walking towards the sandy oasis or to their car. 

"Obviously not here." I said.

"Somethings wrong. What is it." Demetri said flatly. 

"I'm just pissed with the two of them and I'm nervous. Okay?" I asked shrugging my shoulders, looking at him while my sandals clicked and clacked with ever step. 

"Okay." He pulled out his phone while we walked. 

"What are you doing?" I squinted as we cleared the trees to reveal the sun's light reflecting of the crashing waves, many people standing in huddles with their family and friends and people who were already on the water, getting a feel for the ocean. 

"Nothing." He said quickly shutting off his phone and tucking it into his pocket. 

"Yeah, okay." I replied sarcastically. "Come on, lets go sign up." I motioned him to follow me. 

We walked over to the sign up table and I put my name on the sheet. When I was finished my eyes skimmed over the other names to look for one in particular. They stopped scanning when they fell on a name that was under the category of maybe. I felt a small smile creep onto my face. "What is it?" Demetri asked from beside me.

"Nothing." I paused getting one last good look at the sheet. "Let's go, I want to get in the water." I responded. 

"Okay, can we try to get a spot in shade, I burn easily." He asked me.

"Than you better lather up. There is no shade D!" I replied rolling my eyes. 

We waded our way though crowds of people, our feet against the hot sand. I regretted leaving them at the edge of the beach with the other piles of shoes. Demetri and I found a not so crowded spot and placed our bags down. I quickly peeled off my shorts and tied my two French braids into a bun at the nape of my neck. "You realize this will be the first time we get to see you surf." A voice called from behind me. 

I turned to see Robby and Sam making their way towards us. I turned back around and sent Demetri a glare. "You guys came!" I slipped a smile to my face and tried to make my voice enthusiastic. 

"We said we would." Sam responded. 

"Alright, well I'm gonna go." I say, quickly grabbing my board out of the sand and walking towards the water, wanting to get away from the two. 

"Good luck!" Demetri called after me. I raised my hand to him and continued to walk to the water.

When my feet first felt the refreshing touch of cold salt water, I sighed in relief. I quickly made my way into the icy water, taking the smell of salt and sand mixed together. I smiled, when I reached waist deep water, I dived onto my board and started paddling out deeper to the other surfers. 

Really short chapter, I know, sorry

Really short chapter, I know, sorry. Again, the title is lead up. So I'm guess you guys can guess what might happen next! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. If you did, please comment and vote. Thank you guys so much for everything again. Comment and Vote!

Thanks

-Daisy