Gossip

I lied on my stomach, trying to get a good tan on my back, while also trying to take a nap. "What's going on?" Robby asked Sam. I opened my eyes to see him looking at her worryingly and Sam staring up at the balcony. I followed her gaze to see Aisha and some other girl standing there, looking over the landscape below them. 

"It's Aisha." Sam responded. 

"Yeah, that little backstabbing bi-" I started to say when Sam sent me a sad look, causing me to shut up. 

"Anyways, We haven't spoken since everything that went down at Valley Fest." She paused, Robby looked up towards the balcony. "I feel like we should clear the air, but at the same time, I'm still pissed at them for ruining our performance." Sam said, giving Robby a small smile before letting it drop. 

"I say go talk to her." Robby said in a kind, soft voice, one that made my insides mushy. "Worse case, fight breaks out and we record it." He turned to her, and the smile was back on her face. I wanted to punch the living daylights out of her. 

"Who knows, maybe I'll come back with a new Miyagi-Do student." Sam said, pushing herself off the chair. I flipped over on my stomach and closed my eyes.

"So, who's the old friend from earlier?" Robby asked, turning towards me. 

Wanting to avoid that subject, I hopped off my chair. "Sam, wait up!" I called and ran towards her, but not before sending Robby a goofy grin.

We made our way to the snack table where Aisha was piling her plate with food. "Hey" Sam said. I was planning on saying something snarky to her, but got distracted by the food. I grabbed my own plate and started piling stuff onto it. 

"Hey." Aisha replied coldly. I looked up from the assortments of food. 

"So, how's it going?" Sam asked awkwardly.

Aisha rolled her eyes in a hysterical way. "You realize we're not okay." She told us.

"Really? Cause I though we were just peachy." A smug smile resided on my face. Sam glared at me. "Sorry. Not the time for jokes." I added quickly.

"What are you mad about?" Sam said looking back towards the girl in front of her. I lifted a brownie to my mouth, taking a small bite. "Your the ones who stomped all over our Valley Fest demo." Sam finished. I looked back up from my brownie, continuing to devour it while I silently watched. 

"Only after your father attacked our dojo. What were we suppose to do?" Aisha argued harshly.

"Oh there were many other things you could've done." I mumble under my breath, only Sam heard me and she kicked me in the shins.  "Hey!" I whined.

"He didn't attack you guys." Sam explained softly.

"No? Snake in the grass. Real subtle." She sassed, looking back to the buffet table. When I finished my brownie, I picked up an apple fritter, stuffing my face with the pastry to stop saying anymore unnecessary comments.

"He's just trying to do the right thing." Sam responded placing a snack on her plate.

"What, so's Cobra Kai's wrong?" She asked.

"It's not wrong, it's just..." She paused. "What are we doing?" Sam returned to her happy go natural self. "It's summer vacation, we're at the beach." "Not the beach!" I interrupted.

Sam ignored my comments. "And we're fighting about karate." She giggled. 

"When we should be fighting about boys." Aisha added looking a bit happier.

"Or who's gonna get the last piece of pretzel bread." Sam joked.

"Oh no, that's mine." Aisha said, placing the bread on her plate. I picked up a blueberry tart off my plate.