Dinner Date

I pulled out of the dojo, after my awkward conversation with Sam, I asked if I could leave and now, here I am. As I drove along the road, I heard my phone ding. I look over at my phone, my hair blowing in my eyes. I tried to ignore it but after two more rings, I pulled over in the nearest parking lot, which happened to be In-N-Out burger's lot. I parked my car and looked at my messages. 

Where are you? 

You want hang out? 

My mom said I was free. 

Neverminded I'm coming to you.

Four new messages from Nick. A smile crept to my face and all worries about Sam and Robby slipped away. In-N-Out. I responded, placing my phone in a backpack I had with me and turned off my ignition, unbuckling my seatbelt hopping out of my jeep. I walk towards the restaurant, pushing the door and entering. A girl probably in her early thirties came up to me. "What can I help you with?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice. 

"Can I just get a booth?" I asked pushing one of my red curls behind my ear. 

"Sure sweetie, just follow me." She turns to lead me to a booth across from a window. "Can I get you started with something dear?" She pulls out a pen and pad to write down my order. 

"No, I'm good for now. I'm waiting for someone." I answer, pulling my bag off my back and setting it on the seat beside me. I rub my sweaty palms over my leggings trying to dry them off, but to no use. I look down to see my palms wrapped in gauze. I sigh at the memory. 

Pulling out my phone, I scroll through Insta. For some weird reason, I look at Yasmin's account. There are multiple pictures of her in France and for some strange reason, I actually miss her. Out of instinct I go into DM's. Hey Yasmin, how are you? How's France?  I type into the keyboard and hit send. 

My thought train is cut off by someone plopping down into the seat across from me. I look up expecting to see Nick but instead I find a head with an extremely bright red mohawk. I internally groan and place my phone down on the table with a thud. "What do you want?" I asked tiredly. 

"Look, I'm sorry." He said, a familiar smirk resting on his face. "I know I shouldn't have done what I did, but I'm sorry." His smile slowly fading with his last words. 

"You hurt me. You physically hurt me, and Demetri, and Sam, and Robby." I ranted.

"And I'm sorry about hurting you and Demetri, not so much Sam and Robby, but I should never have touched you, or Demetri." He reached out and grabbed my hands.

"You shouldn't have even touched Sam or Robby. Look, just because I do karate, doesn't mean I like the idea of hurting people. What happened to you. Do you remember when we used to study in the library? You were so quiet and sweet, but now, your cold and cruel." I finish, not flinching or pulling away when his hands wrapped around mine. 

"So what. You'd rather me go back to being quiet, the type of kid who never stood up for myself when I was picked on or kicked?" His brows furrowed and his mouth turned upside down. 

"No, of course not. But I don't want you to be that type of person who goes around and beats up every single person who has made a bad comment about you." I argue. 

"And I'm not!" He exclaimed. 

"Then why did you try to beat up Demetri?" I question raising my eyebrows?

"Because he was trashing Sensei Lawrence." His voice rises as he becomes defensive. 

"No he wasn't he was talking about that kreese dude! He punched him in the face." I exclaimed. 

"Because he was disrespecting him in his own dojo." He squeezed my hands. I wince at the sting my cuts cause. 

"Everyone knows Demetri says things without thinking, but it's what makes him, him." I responded. 

"What happened to your hands?" He asked, noticing my face. He looks down at my hands, seeing the gauze wrapped around them. 

"Nothing." I answered, looking away from his face and down at the table. 

I felt a hand brush against my cheek, tucking a piece if my fallen hair behind my ear. I look up to see his eyes boring into mine and his hand resting behind my ear. "I really am sorry for what I did. It won't happen again." Hi voice is soft, almost like Eli was shining through again. 

"What's done is done, just don't let it happen again." I answered grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze, placing it back on the table. 

"I promise I won't." He answered. "So can we order?" He asked, picking up a menu on the side of the table. 

I snicker at the fact how easily we get along. "Actually, I'm waiting for someone." I respond, pulling my hands away and slumping in my seat. 

"Who? Your boyfriend Robby." He raises his eyebrow and slumps in his seat.

"One, Robby isn't my boyfriend." I reply embarrassed and I place a hand on the back of my neck. "And two I was waiting." 

I was cut off by someone sitting down beside me and placing an arm around my shoulder. "And, she was waiting for me." I turn to see Nick smiling towards Hawk.

"Okay keep your hands to yourself." I snicker, grabbing his arm and unwrapped it from my neck, sliding down further to give him room. 

"Names Nick." My brown haired friend sticks his hand out towards my red haired friend. Hawk looks from me to Nick, I nod my head and slip my phone into my bag. 

"Hawk." He answered slowly. 

"Cool name." Nick said. "So are you going to stay?" He asked Eli, motioning to him. 

"If I'm allowed." He asked meekly, looking back towards me. 

"See you can be polite." I reach over and punch his arm. 

"Oh shut up." He answered. Nick raised his arm and signaled over a waiter. She quickly came over and pulled out her pen and paper. 

"So what can I get you folks?" She said in her sickly sweet voice. 

Hey guys, I know it's been awhile since I've written and I'm sorry

Hey guys, I know it's been awhile since I've written and I'm sorry. I've been in the huge writing slump and couldn't seem to write anything. Again, I don't know when I'll write next but thank you guys for all the support you've given me. I realized that I'm not just writing for myself anymore, I'm writing for everyone who reads, votes, and comments on my story. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please show me by voting or commenting! 

Thanks

-Daisy