The Perfect Distraction

After a pep talk with Daniel, Demetri was finally able to block and defend himself, we continued to train and practice. When we finally finished, I drove home with Sam while Robby caught a ride with Daniel. We reached her house and hung out there for a little while, doing dome homework and and starting a new show called Teen Wolf. We had watched two episodes before I decided to leave. I said bye to Sam and left to go thank Mr. LaRusso for the lesson today. Once I did, I decided I'd go say bye to Robby. 

I walked along the pathway, leading to the dojo. When I reached it, I found the door ajar. I slowly peeked my head in to see Robby and Sam talking while Sam slowly moved towards Robby. I saw his mouth move before she leaned in and he met her halfway. I ducked out of the room quickly and sped walked to my jeep, wanting to avoid scarring my mind with them kissing.

I slammed the door and rested my forehead against the steering wheel. I closed my eyes and tried to slow down my heart rate, not driving while I was emotional is something I tried to do most of the time. 

Thinking I needed a distraction I picked up my phone and dialed a number, they picked up in a few seconds. 

Lydia, hey, what's going on?

Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to meet me at the beach?

Sure, like right now?

If that's okay, I mean if not, it's fine.

No, no it's fine, I'll be there in ten minutes.

K, wear something comfy.

Will do.

I hang up and throw my phone onto the passenger's seat and I start to drive away. If Robby wanted to be with Sam in the moment, I would let him. I want him to be happy and I want Sam to be happy as well. So why not be happy myself. 

***

When I reached the beach, I grabbed my phone and hopped out of my car. I walked down to the beach, the night wind cold against my bare stomach. Maybe I should've brought a hoodie with me. I reach a spot and sit down in the sand, staring out at the waves. I threw my one braid over my shoulder and hugged my knees. I waited for about two more minutes before I hear footsteps in the sand approaching me from behind. I turn my head to see a bright redhaired boy walking towards me, his feet sinking slightly in the sand with each step. His hair wasn't styled like it normally was in his mohawk, instead it was down and flopped around his face. 

He stopped walking and sat down beside me. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he finally broke the silence. "Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice soft and quiet. 

"Not really." I answered honestly. 

"What happened." He asked, lightly bumping me with his shoulder. 

"I don't really want to talk about it, I called you to give me a distraction, can you do that?" I asked and got right to the point. 

"What distraction do you want." He asked smirking and looking at me suggestively. 

"Gosh no, I wanted to know if you wanted to spar with me." I asked, standing up and brushing the sand off of my body. There was a sudden gust of wind, causing me to shiver. Hawk stands up and brushes the sand off of him. He was wearing shorts, runners and a hoodie. 

"Are you cold?" He asked, quickly pulling his hoodie over his head to reveal him wearing a long sleeved shirt. He quickly passed it to me. 

"Thanks." I smile before pulling his hoodie over my head. "So, can we spar?" I asked, stuffing my hands in the pockets. The hoodie smelt like campfires and marshmallows.