PROLOGUE

Bettys life wasn't always as bad as it was now. When Betty was one her father got a job opportunity in New York, one which he couldn't resist, so him, Alice and Betty all moved to New York and started a life. It was good for a while. They had a medium sized three bed two bath home with a large garden. Bettys school and Hal and Alice's work were all close by. Betty had two friends who were both guys, since she wasn't really popular and all the girls in her school were mean. One was called Kevin and the other was called Archie. She was closer with Kevin though since Archie had a crush on her but she just didn't feel the same way and he kept asking her out. He was like a lovesick puppy that just couldn't understand the meaning of no. It was all fine until Betty turned 15 and her father started drinking. It wasn't bad at first, but then him and Alice started fighting and then he was getting stressed with work, so he started drinking more. Then it took a really bad turn when he started to hit Alice. So, Betty being the amazing daughter and person she is, stuck up for her. She would yell at him to stop and get in front of him, taking the punches and slaps and Alice couldn't do anything but watch and scream for him to stop. So, Hal knowing this is the way it was, stopped hitting Alice and just took it out on Betty instead. Verbally and physically abusing her. She missed her old dad. The one that would take her after school to get a milkshake, the one that would joke and laugh with her, the one that after a boy broke her heart, held her and let her cry, The one that would take her and her mum to the movies on the weekends. And, the sad part is, even though he abused her like this. She still loved him. One year later, a few weeks after betty turned 16. She came home from school to an oddly quiet house. She knew her mum was at work, but usually she would hear stumbling and curse words coming from her dad. So, setting her bag down, she quietly made her way around the house and came to a halt as tears filled her eyes and she let out a scream full of fear and panic. There laying on the couch was her dad. Face a greyish blue colour, skin clammy, white foam running down the side of his mouth and a pile of sick on the floor beside the couch. As the shock wore off, she rushed over to his side, and started shaking him as she let out sobs. "Please wake up" She cried "Dad please, I love you, I can't lose you" She cried as her voice broke. But there was no response so she started doing chest compressions, which she just recently learned in school. But again, no response. She knew what had happened so with shaky hands and blurred vision she picked up her phone calling an ambulance before calling her mum. That was the worst day of Bettys life and she still has nightmares about it. After the event happened, Alice's job wasn't paying enough so she started looking for jobs back in her hometown, and luckily she found one. It was a journalist for the Riverdale register and was paying more than her current job was. So she applied and got the job and told Betty. And with that, they said goodbye to their home, and Betty said goodbye to her friends, and promised to keep in touch and then they were on their way back to Alice's hometown, Riverdale.

Jugheads life was good, well it is now, it wasn't a couple of years ago. He had friends who cared about him and were practically family to him. Him his dad and little sister lived happily in a three bed three bath house on the northside of Riverdale. His dad worked for Sweetpeas dad who was Jugheads friend on a construction job. His little sister, Jellybean, who was 4 was adorable and Jughead loved her more than anything. Jugheads mom left when Jellybean was 1 and Jughead was 13, she was having an affair with another man which FP found out about and they ended up having a huge fight. Jellybean got scared and started crying so Jughead took her into his room and layed down on the bed holding her telling her everything was ok till she eventually fell asleep. What felt like hours later of yelling it finally stopped and FP came into Jugheads bedroom, his face sad but also angry and he could see the dried tear marks on his dads cheeks. He then proceeded to tell him that his mom had left and that it was only them three now. That broke Jughead but seeing his dad so upset made him angry and he grew to hate his mum for leaving them and hurting his dad. Ever since that happened he's never got into an actual relationship, scared incase someone will hurt him like his mum did to his dad. He's only ever had hookups. 

How do you feel about this so far?😊