CHAPTER 8

BETTY'S POV

Two days had passed since Jughead and I had kissed and we hadn't talked about it. Maybe he just kissed me because in that moment he needed some sort of comfort I though to myself as I walked into school. I went to my first class which was chemistry and Jughead and I sat beside each other. Ever since the kiss it hasn't been awkward. I still sat with them at lunch and we still messaged at night but we never got around to talking about the kiss. I went to my usual seat and Jughead smiled over at me and I smiled back as I sat down. "Did you do the homework?" He asked and I nodded "I forgot about it so I had to quickly do it last night" I said with a small giggle and he chuckled shaking his head.

The bell finally rung for the end of the day and I packed my stuff up before exiting the class and heading out of the school. As I was walking down the steps I heard my name being called so I turned to see Jughead coming up to me. "Hi" I smiled and he smiled back "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go to pops? Maybe grab a milkshake?" He asked. He sounded shy and it was the cutest thing. I nodded as I tucked some hair behind my hair "Sounds good, I cant be too long though because my mum wants me to take care of Bailey. It was one of the rules so I could keep her. Not staying out too long after school" I said with a soft smile. Bailey was now the puppy's name, Jughead helped me choose it. He nodded "Of course" He smiled and with that we made our way to pops. We arrived at pops and sat at our normal booth and both ordered a milkshake and a large basket of fries between us. "So is this like a...date?" I questioned with a little smirk and he chuckled lightly as he looked at me "If you want it to be?" He said with a little smile and I blushed a little and nodded "I would like that" I said and he smiled as he sipped some of his milkshake. "So how's Bailey doing?" He asked and I smiled as I looked at him "She's good. She can walk but she holds her paw up and limps a little" I said with a little smile "I can't believe someone would do that to a puppy" He said shaking his head and I sighed "Whoever did that must have no heart" I mumbled and he nodded, silently agreeing. After a few moments of silence I looked over at him shyly as he sipped his milkshake. "Jug?" I asked gently and he glanced over at me "Yeah?" He questioned with a little smile "What are we?..." I asked quietly. He looked down at his lap before looking back to me "I like you Betts, like a lot" He said and I smiled softly "I like you too Juggie" I said with a soft smile. He then placed his hand on my cheek and I blushed slightly as I smiled "Would you Betty Cooper like to be my girlfriend?" He asked with a grin and I smiled big and nodded "I would love to Jughead Jones" I said and he smiled before placing a soft kiss on my lips making me grin as we pulled away. "I should probably get home" I said with a smile and he nodded "Right, I'll walk you" He said and I smiled at him as we stood up and walked hand in hand out of pops.

After we made it to my house Jughead gave me a kiss goodbye before we went into our homes. I was smiling like an idiot as I closed the door behind me. Bailey started barking and stood up limping towards me "Hey baby" I smiled as I bent down and picked her up and kissed her nose as she licked my face making me giggle. Then my mum came out from the kitchen and raised her eyebrows at me "What are you so smiley for?" She asked and I blushed "No reason" I said and she smiled "Oh young love" I heard her say as she walked away and I blushed more as I quickly made my way up the stairs.

JUGHEAD'S POV

I was grinning like crazy as I walked into my house and saw my dad sitting on the couch and he smiled at me "Hi, where's Jelly?" I asked "In her room napping" He said making me nod "Why are you smiling so much?" He asked with a chuckle and I looked at him and blushed. He smiled as he raised and eyebrow "You and Betty?" He asked and I blushed more "Maybe" I murmured and he chuckled as he stood up and patted my back "To be young and in love" He said as he ruffled my hair and I rolled my eyes playfully as I made my way up the stairs.  

Sorry it's short I didn't really have any ideas for this chapter but I didn't want to post nothing lol

Please Vote

😊💓