Chapter 13

JUGHEAD'S POV

Betty and I were at Sweetwater river. I was leaning against a big rock and sitting on a blanket typing away on my laptop whilst Betty was leaning against my arm reading a book with Bailey sat on her lap. It was a Thursday after school around 4pm. Bailey had finally got her cast of her leg yesterday which was amazing. Suddenly my phone started ringing and I sighed picking it up and answering "Whats up dad?" I asked as I stroked Baileys head "You need to come home" He replied and I frowned getting Bettys attention "Why, has something happened??" I questioned starting to worry "No son everything's fine it's just, someones here ok? Try get here as quick as you can" He said and with that ended the call. I closed my laptop shoving it in my bag before standing up "Betts I'm sorry I have to head home, my dad needs me with something" I sighed and she gave me a smile "Its ok don't worry, call me later though?" She said and I smiled as I leaned down "Of course" I replied before resting my lips on hers "See you later" I smiled before making my way home. I arrived home opening the door and closing it behind me "You know dad, I don't appreciate you calling me asking me to come home with no explanation when I'm with my girlfriend" I said as I set my bag down. I then turned around to see my dad stood beside the couch with Jellybean in his arms and my mother sat on the couch. My face dropped and I looked at my dad then to my so called mother. "What is she doing here?" I growled as I galred at her "How about you tell him Gladys" My dad said as he sighed and sat down, Jellybean on his knee. "I came to see my kids" She said with a smile and I scoffed "Oh you mean the kids that you abandoned? Yeah right" I said "Look son I'm sorry ok? It was a mistake" She said as she stood up "Don't 'son' me! You lost me as your son when you left! And how the hell was cheating on dad and leaving a mistake?! You fucked up big time! And don't think you can make it better now" I spat before she looked at my dad "Why are you letting him speak to me like this?" She said and my dad laughed "You deserve it, thats why now get the hell out of our house" He said as he stood up but she didn't listen instead turned to me "So, you have a girlfriend huh? Don't tell me its Alice coopers daughter, god she's probably a slut like her mom" She said "Don't you dare speak that way about them!" I yelled "Get out before I call the cops!" My dad glared and with that she rolled her eyes and left the house getting on her bike and speeding off. My dad sighed and looked down at Jelly as she lifted her head and rubbed her eyes, just waking up. "Jeez how did you sleep through all that?" I laughed softly as I picked her up and she giggled as she wrapped her arms around my neck "Can we go see be be?" She asked meaning Betty and I smiled before looking at my dad "Of course sweetie. I'm actually heading over to Alice's now" He said making me nod "Alright" I said before moving Jellybean onto my shoulders as she giggled. My dad opened the door for us before we made our way over to the coopers. Alive opened the door and laughed at us before letting us in "Bailey!" Jellybean yelled as I let her down and she ran over to her and I smiled at them. "Are you all ok? What was all that yelling?" Alice questioned and my dad sighed before looking at Jelly "Lets talk in the kitchen" He said and Alice nodded before walking away "Bettys in her room Jughead!" She called and I smiled before looking at Jellybean "Lets go see betty sis" I said and she smiled standing up before making her way up the stairs as I followed and Bailey raced past us. I knocked on her door and pushed it open to see her sat at her desk doing homework and I smiled at her and she smiled back "What are doing here?" She giggled as she lifted Jelly up onto her knee "Jelly wanted to see you" I laughed "Plus my dad was coming over here anyway" I said as I sat on the end of her bed. Jellybean then got of her knee and looked at the paper on her desk before looking back at Betty and she smiled before handing her a few pages and a pencil and standing up and setting her on the chair "Thank you!" She said happily and Betty smiled "Your welcome" She replied before coming and sitting beside me. "What was all that yelling about?" She asked and I sighed "You heard that too?" I asked and she nodded "My mum was there telling us about how she wanted to see us" I said as I rolled my eyes "Gosh Jug i'm sorry" She said as she kissed my shoulder "Its ok, shes gone now" I said as I layed my head gently on hers and she played with my fingers and I smiled at her. Betty was my anchor and I hope I was hers too.

Hi! So sorry I haven't been uploading, I just haven't had any motivation to write and I didn't want to end up posting something really short and crappy so here's this haha :)

Please Vote

😊💓