CHAPTER 4

JUGHEAD'S POV

It was a Wednesday and I was sitting at the lunch table with Sweetpea and Fangs as we waited for the girls. A few minutes passed and we saw Betty, Cheryl and Toni making their way towards are table. They reached us and sat down, Betty beside me and Toni and Cheryl beside Fangs and Sweetpea. Cheryl kissed Toni's cheek as she smiled and Toni leaned in and placed a kiss to her lips. They started dating three months ago and are inseparable. "Ok enough of the PDA guys" I mumbled as I bit into my sandwich and they both looked at me annoyed "It's not our fault you don't have a girlfriend Jones" Cheryl said and I rolled my eyes "I'm trying to eat and all I can see is you two eating each others faces off" I said as I took a sip of water and I could see Sweetpea, Fangs and Betty trying to hold in their laugh. Toni and Cheryl just scoffed and I smirked as I pinched one of Bettys grapes. "Hey!" She protested and I chuckled "Sorry Betts, I'm a growing boy" I said as I popped it in my mouth making her roll her eyes playfully with a grin and then take a chip from the open bag sitting in front of me. "Hey that was mine!" I said with a whine and she smirked "What can I say? I'm a growing girl Jughead" She said and I rolled my eyes with a smile. We then turned back around to the group who were all looking at us with raised eyebrows and then Fangs opened his mouth "Why didn't you tell us you were dating?" He questioned as the others smirked and I spat my water out. "We're not dating!" I protested as I got a napkin and started dabbing up the water "Yeah were just friends" Betty said "Mhm" Toni smirked looking at us "We are! I wouldn't date Betty! As she said we're friends" I said not noticing the flash of hurt on Bettys face before it was quickly wiped away.

After school I and Betty walked home together. The hole way there though she was quiet and it was slightly awkward. I didn't get it, did I do something wrong? Was this about earlier with them thinking we were dating? I was confused. We stopped in front of our houses "I'll see you tomorrow Jug, bye" Betty said but as she was about to walk away I gently grabbed her wrist "Is everything ok? Are you mad at me? Is this about earlier?" I slightly rambled with a small frown and she looked up at me and was silent for a few moments before hesitating and shaking her head "Everything's fine Juggie, I'm just tired" She said with a little smile and I smiled back "Alright, but if anything was wrong you would tell me right?" I asked and she nodded "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow" She said and I nodded "Bye" I said with a little smile before she turned and walked into her house and I did the same. I walked in and Jellybean came running over to me and I smiled as I leaned down to hug her "Hey sis" I smiled "Where's dad?" I asked as I stood up "In the kitchen" She said with a smile before running back to her toys in the Livingroom. I set my bag down before walking into the kitchen "Hey son, how was school?" He asked with a smile as he washed some dishes and I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. "Good, well apart from everyone thinking me and Betty were dating" I laughed and he turned to me with raised eyebrows and chuckled before turning around and leaning against the sink as he dried of his hands. "I would of thought that too" He chuckled and I raised my eyebrow "Why?" I asked and he smiled "I don't know, just the way you both talk and joke like you've been friends forever, and the way both look at each other oh and Alice invited us over for dinner" He said with a smile. I wasn't falling for Betty was I? No I can't, I won't fall for her, I don't want to hurt her or myself.

BETTY'S POV

I walked into my house letting out a small sigh. What was I thinking? Of course Jughead would never date me, I'm a shy, quite, damaged girl and he's this witty, outgoing, intelligent guy. I walked into the kitchen to see my mum baking a peach pie. "Why are you making a pie?" I asked with a smile and she smiled back as she placed the pastry on top. "I invited the Jones' over for dinner, I'm making dessert" She replied "Oh? What time are they coming?" I asked and she looked at the clock "Five, so around an hour and a half" She said and I nodded "Alright, well I'm going to go do some homework" I said before heading upstairs. Great, my I guess crush was coming over. I sat at my desk as I did some homework. I wasn't going to get changed since I was wearing some light denim jeans with a plain white t-shirt with a little black heart in the corner and it was only dinner, not a party or anything. 

After I finished my homework I tidied my room up a little before laying on my bed and scrolling through TikTok for around 20 minutes when I heard the doorbell go. "Sweetie can you get that!" My mum shouted up the stairs. I got off my bed and placed my phone in my pocket before making my way downstairs and opening the front door to reveal the Jones'. "Hi Betty" FP smiled at me and I smiled back "BB!" Jelly said happily as she ran and hugged my leg and I laughed as I crouched down and hugged her "Hey JB" I smiled before standing up "Come in, my mom is in the kitchen" I said and they smiled as they walked in. FP picked up Jellybean and walked into the kitchen and Jughead stopped as I closed the door "Hey" He said with a smile. Ok don't make it awkward Betty. "Hi" I smiled "Gosh what is your mum cooking? It smells amazing" He said making me giggle as I lead him into the kitchen "Steak and potatoes for dinner and peach pie for dessert" I said and he groaned in delight making me laugh. "Kids can you set the table?" My mum asked and we nodded as we grabbed the plates and cutlery and did as she asked.

After dinner and dessert me and Jughead went outside into my backyard and sat on the steps of the patio as we watched the stars. "Did you know are blood is made out of stardust?" I asked and he glanced over at me with a smile "I did not, you're smart Cooper" He chuckled and I smiled as I blushed a little. Then it was quiet and we were just sitting there looking into each others eyes and then my eyes glanced down to his lips and his did the same and before I knew it I was leaning in and pressing a kiss to his lips, and he kissed back. But like 5 seconds passed before he quickly pulled away and I looked at him confused. "Betty I'm sorry, I-I can't, I don't get into relationships" He said quickly as he stood up and I stood up as well "W-what? So that kiss meant nothing to you?" I asked with tears in my eyes "Betty I-I'm sorry" He said and went to touch my shoulder but I moved back "N-no It's fine I get it, I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that" I said as I wiped my tears "I'll see you tomorrow" I said quickly and with that I went back into my house, passed FP, my mum and Jelly and rushed upstairs. I'm such a idiot.

JUGHEAD'S POV

"Fuck sake" I groaned as I ran my hand over my face before going inside. Alice and my dad looked confused "Why was Betty crying? What happened?" Alice asked and I sighed "Nothing" I mumbled "That didn't look like nothing Boi" My dad said as he raised his voice a little "I said it was nothing ok! I'll meet you at home" I said annoyed and with that I left the house and made  my way back to mine and up to my bedroom. I kicked my shoes off and and then stood at my window facing Bettys and then grabbed my phone, sending her a text. 'Are you ok? I'm sorry' I sent and within a minute she was standing at her window with her phone in her hand. Even from my room I could see that she was crying. 'I'm fine, don't worry about it' she texted and then closed her curtains and I sighed. I'm so dumb, why didn't I just explain it to her?

Thinking of adding a dog into this heh heh, don't come at me, I love relationships between characters and animals :) So dog or no dog?😁

Please Vote

😊❤