CHAPTER 6

BETTY'S POV

It was a Saturday around 11am and I had just finished my homework that was due for Monday so I decided to go to Sweetwater river. "Mom?" I called out as I went downstairs and then saw her sitting on the couch watching TV. "Hi Honey" She smiled and I smiled back "I'm going to go down to Sweetwater river if that's ok?" I asked and she nodded "Of course, just be careful" She replied and I smiled heading to the door "I will" I called out before going out of the house and making my way to the river. I finally arrived at Sweetwater and I went to the place where I and Jughead sat last time. I sat myself down on the rock and opened my book where I left of and started reading. Nearly an hour had passed when the sun disappeared and I looked up to see a cloudy sky "Damn it" I mumbled knowing it was going to rain. I personally didn't mind the rain, I just didn't want my book to get wet. I closed my book and stood up just as it started to rain, it was light at first but by the time I had got out of the woods it was heavier so I started running whilst holding my book under my jacket. Within 15 minutes I was back at my house, drenched from the rain and breathing heavily from running. I opened the door, the rain dripping off me onto the floor and I took my book out of my jacket and I smiled when I saw it wasn't wet. I heard footsteps and I looked up to see my mum standing there with a small frown on her face. "Betty your drenched, go get changed or take a warm shower before you catch a cold, we have guests" She said but I could hear the amusement in her voice "Who's the guests?" I asked as I peeled my jacket off me "The Jones, they came over for some lunch" She said with a smile and I smiled back "Ok, I'll be down soon" I said as I kicked off my shoes and went upstairs. I closed my bedroom door and then took my clothes off and then took a quick shower before getting changed into a pair of black leggings and a light pink hoodie and putting on some white ankle socks and putting my hair in a bun before making my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see my mum and FP making some sandwiches, they were both laughing at something and Jughead was sat at the table eating some grapes and giving some to Jellybean. I went and sat down beside Jug and Jelly and he smiled over at me "Hey" He smiled "Hi" I said before popping a grape in my mouth making him laugh. My mum and FP then came over and set plates in front of us with some sandwiches. "Thank you" Jellybean said before lifting one and taking a bite out of one "Your welcome sweetie" My mum said with a smile as they both sat down and we all tucked in.

JUGHEAD'S POV

After lunch we all sat in the living room. Betty was sat on the floor playing with Jellybean and my dad and Alice sat watching TV and I was sat on my phone. All of a sudden a pillow hit me in the face and I glared playfully at Betty who was smiling innocently "What?" She asked "Oh your on" I said before standing up and she squealed running away and then running upstairs and I followed her. She ran down the hall but then slid on the wooden floor which caused her to fall and say a quiet but loud enough that I could hear "Shit". I laughed as she lay on her back and she lifted her head and glared at me "Karma" I said as I made my way over to her "Are you ok?" I asked as I helped her up grinning "My butt hurts" She said which made me let out a laugh and she playfully hit my arm. "Sorry" I said with a small chuckle and she rolled her eyes with a smile as we made are way downstairs. Alice and my dad looked at us with raised eyebrows which just made us both laugh "What was that banging noise?" Alice asked and Betty and I looked at each other "Betty fell" I said casually as I sat down and they both laughed "It's not funny" She mumbled as she sat back down and started playing with Jelly. "It is and you know it" I said making her sigh "Ok fine, maybe it was a little funny" She said not being able to hide her smile and I laughed shaking my head.

That night I was in my room watching Netflix, it was around 1am when I heard sounds coming from outside. I couldn't tell what it was though so I got out of bed and looked out of my window and opened it a little and realised it was coming from Bettys backyard, it was like a whimpering or crying sound. "The hell" I muttered confused before picking up my phone and calling Betty, and luckily she picked up on the third ring. "Hello?" She asked tiredly "Sorry did I wake you?" I asked with a small frown "Yeah but it's fine, what's up?" She asked "I hear a sound coming from your backyard it's like a whine or cry, do you hear it?" I asked. It was silent for a few seconds before she appeared at her window and opened it up and frowned ending the call "Yeah" She replied looking over at me "I'm going to go check it out" She said "Be careful, phone me again so I know your safe" I said making her nod and close her window before calling me and I picked up as I sat on my bed.