Chapter 16

I hand Niall the aux cord and he plugs in his phone and Fleetwood Mac starts to flood through the speakers. 

"I didn't know you were a Fleetwood fan" I say while I start to merge onto the highway and watch as the city lights of Boston drift away in the rearview mirror. I turn the heat up in the car, the chill of the night starting to seep through. 

"Yeah I love them, Harry got me into them actually. Before I was friends with him my music taste was incredibly limited but he would play them all the time when we were younger and their songs would get stuck in my head and eventually I just started listening to them." 

"I love Fleetwood Mac, my father would play them and The Police and Steely Dan a little too much while I was growing up" I say with a soft laugh that Niall returns and we soon dive into a conversation discussing all our favorite artists. 

After about thirty minutes of listing various artists and going back and forth on what we think is the best Fleetwood Mac song (I say Silver Springs but he says The Chain) the conversation starts to die down when Niall asks the one question I hoping he wasn't going to ask because I was trying my hardest not to think about the person that it would be about. 

"Have you listened to Harry's album?" 

"Yeah" I respond my face turning red, grateful for the darkness surrounding the car the only light coming from the headlights of the passing cars. 

"And what did you think of it?" he draws out the last word and I can hear the smirk in his voice without having to look over towards the passenger seat. 

"I thought... I thought that it was amazing but I don't even know if that word does it justice" I say, my voice softening just a bit, the blush still spread across my cheeks. 

"You know he's talked to me about you quite a bit since he's left" he says and my heart drops to my stomach and my foot almost slams on the break. 

"What did he say?" I try and ask as calm as possible even though my heart feels like its about to fly out of my chest onto the dashboard in front of me and I have to remind myself to take a deep breath.

"Well he wouldn't stop blabbering about you after that first night at rumors and then when you agreed to come to the listening party you could've sworn that he just landed on the moon or something and then for some reason ever since then he's always texting me or calling me being like should I call Evelyn tonight? Do you think Evelyn really liked the album? Do you think I should text her or would that annoy her? Blah blah blah." 

At this point I'm sure my heart is going to explode out onto the dashboard. I try and focus on the road ahead. Looking at the time I realize we still have an hour and a half before we reach my parent's house but its taking everything in me not to pull the car aside and text Harry right now. 

"Was there anything else that he told you?"

"That's about it, he did mention that he's playing a show here in Boston in February during his mini tour to promote the album and was debating on whether or not to get you a ticket, I also forgot to mention that I'm going to your house for Thanksgiving break because I thought he might fly back to Boston just to join" Niall jokes. 

I let out a weak laugh, my mind now racing. I look at the clock on the dashboard and see that only two minutes have passed since I last checked and I know that the rest of the drive is going to probably go by just as slowly because of the new information now running laps through my mind. 

"I would love to go to his show, I haven't been to a concert in ages" I respond. Still trying to keep my cool but my grip has increasingly gotten tighter on the steering wheel.