Chapter 19

Monday seems to be the longest day I have possibly lived through in my entire life. I slept through my alarm and had to pretty much sprint across campus to get to class on time. Luckily the sweatpants I had been wearing the day before had been tossed on my floor or I would probably just be sitting in class with the shirt I had worn to bed and my coat.

The rest of my classes went by just as slowly as the first, making it seem like the professor was trying to fit about three lectures into one. To my despair two of my professors assigned two "small essays" (as if theres such a thing) to try and get one last assignment in right before dead week.

By the time I get home I already feel exhausted and have two new papers to write and my mind is so caught up in trying to organize when to right them that I almost forget my date with Harry. Can I even call it a date? Yes, remember what Niall said yesterday. I whip up some spaghetti before settling at my desk and opening up my laptop.

I watch an episode of New Girl on Netflix while I finish eating my noodles and close out of the tab as I open up Word and start working on one of the essays. I'm near the end of reviewing my thesis and the first couple paragraphs of the paper when I feel my phone vibrate next to me.

1 new message: Harry

Hii I just landed and Niall is late picking me up so I thought I would text you. What are you up to?

I smile while I tap the keyboard and start replying.

My lovely professors dumped some new homework on us right before dead week so I'm just working on an essay. Honestly are you surprised that he's late?

Haha no I should've expected it but now my ass is standing in the cold so I'm pissed. Also this reminds me, wear something warm tomorrow we're gonna be outside.

Now I'm questing our date Mr. Styles, I don't do well in the cold.

You're gonna love it don't worry, just suck up being in the cold this one time for me.

What time should I be ready tomorrow?

I'll pick you up around 4, does that work for you?

Yeah that sounds perfect, see you then.

I put my phone on do not disturb as I begin working on my essay again knowing that if I don't finish it i'll be stressing about it all day tomorrow instead of enjoying the date. The smile fails to leave my face though as I continue working as anticipation starts to build in my stomach. The hours pass by and I'm just about to finish my proof read of my entire paper when I see the glow of my phone light up and I glance over.

1 new message: Harry

I think I forgot to say this earlier but I'm really excited for tomorrow.

My insides feel as though they're going to combust with anticipation when I read his text and a small squeal leaves my lips. I save my paper onto my laptop before closing it and start rummaging through my closet for an outfit to wear tomorrow. After tossing about half of my clothes onto the floor I decide on wearing green corduroy pants with a cream sweater and light brown boots and a burnt orange large sleeve coat.

I lay the clothes out on my desk chair and check the time. Half past midnight. I quickly hop in the shower and get ready for bed before changing into another old long tee and climbing under the covers and dozing off.

The next morning I'm a nervous wreck, the nails on my hands have either been picked or chewed and I can't seem to focus as Bella talks to me about one of her senior projects while we eat breakfast.