Chapter 28

I'm speachless. Harry is about three songs in now, coming up on the bridge for Carolina and words to describe what I'm taking in seem impossible. He also looks breath taking. Harry's wearing a black shirt but has the first few buttons undone, his hair looks tousled, a silver cross dangles from his neck and his fingers are adorned with rings. He looks beautiful. 

The smile on his face is spread wide as he takes in the energy from the crowd in front of him. My eyes widen in wonder and my smile grows even bigger as I realize that they're singing his lyrics back at him. Every single one. Niall and I are also singing along to every single lyric while dancing. I'm sure Harry can't see us because of the stage lights but I sing loud enough in the hopes that he hears my voice. 

After one of his songs he stops to talk to the crowd and the response makes me smile so big my cheeks start to hurt.

"Are we having a good time out there?" The crowd screams back in response. 

"Well I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here. If it weren't for you this woudln't be possible, none of it. I am eternally grateful for this, all of it. Even if this is the only show I ever play" he says with a quick laugh before the band starts playing the next song and he instantly gets back into his performance mode.  

During From The Dining Room Table I take out my phone and record, the arena being lit up from the flashlights on the back of everyone's phone. Looking around I see people swaying in the audience, friends holding each other, people laughing, and people singing back. I take a mental picture in my mind, knowing that this is going to be something I'm gonna wanna look back on. 

The mood is quickly changed when Harry starts singing a cover of Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac and the crowd starts dancing again. He follows it up with Kiwi and I can tell that he completely belongs in front of a crowd when he starts dancing around. By the end of the set everyone is on their feet screaming and clapping and I see tears brim Harry's eyes as he takes it all in. I can't help my own that come to my eyes at the sight of him taking everything in. 

He does a final bow and exits the stage before the crowd calms and the lights go back up. Everyone starts to leave the venue and Niall once again takes my hand as I notice everyone else in the group has also started to exit the floor. I see Violet speed walk/run towards the doors and before I know it her head is lost in the crowd. 

I look over at Niall and it seems that he too noticed because he rolls his eyes in annoyance and shakes his head. We slowly exit with the crowd and I quickly stop in the bathroom before we head backstage to see Harry. Niall patiently waits for me outside but I notice that the rest of the group didn't wait. 

We continue walking towards the back of the stadium and nerves start to grow in my stomach. It's a bit of a struggle to weave through the crowd thats trying to go in the complete opposite direction and we have to stop a couple of times to let groups pass but before I know it we're getting closer and closer towards the back of the venue. 

It feels like the nerves are boiling over and are about to erupt when Niall reaches for the door and pulls it open to enter the back area of the venue. We're greeted by a security guard who once he sees our passes points us to the direction of Harry's dressing room. 

We quickly make our way over and the sound of laughter, music, and bottles popping can be heard as we get closer and closer to the door. 

"I hope they're not planning on getting blasted here because we still have to go to his label's after party after this and I'm sure they won't be too happy if Harry's piss drunk." Niall says and I nod my head in agreement. 

We step in front of the door and the music and voices have increased substantially. Niall twists the nob on the door and pushes it open. 

My stomach drops. 

Harry is seated on the couch towards the back of the room, a drink in his hand and Violet in his lap. His lips trailing kisses up her neck as his smile is wide. She throws her head back and laughs at something someone says from across from them, a glass of champagne also in her hand but all eyes turn to us once the door is finally open. 

"Oh shit" Niall says as the door fully opens and he takes in everything in front of him. 

Harry's eyes grow wide and his laughter abruptly stops as he takes in Niall and I.

"Evie?" I hear him barely say.

"Surprise" I barely manage to get out before the tears start-up and I turn around and start heading towards the doors. 

With tears already starting to run down my cheeks I head for the exit of the venue, ignoring my name being called by Niall and Harry behind me. I push through the doors headed back towards the front of the venue and whip out my phone to order an uber. 

By now I know that the tears are coming down even harder, there's barley anyone left in the venue though and I'm grateful that I don't have to disguise them as I make my exit. I only have to wait a minute before an uber pulls up, a couple of them having lingered after the concert. 

I quickly get in, shutting the door and holding my head down before I start to feel the car pull away. If I had looked up I would've seen Harry exit the venue, but I didn't. Looking out the window during the drive to the hotel the once bright lights and passing people that just hours ago looked beautiful now look tainted. I let the tears fall the entire drive back to the hotel.

The second I'm back in my room I call Isabella and she immediately answers. To my surprise, I still have tears left to cry because more pour out as I tell her everything. By the time I'm done talking about the night she's convinced me to book a flight home for tomorrow morning. 

When we eventually hang up and I turn off my phone, not wanting to deal with anything else for the rest of the night, and slowly pack up everything I had put away earlier before the concert. 

My heart hurts as I fold back up the outfits I had planned to wear when hanging out with Harry. This trip was supposed to be THE trip. The trip where Harry realizes that I really want this, I want us, I want the label. But that will never happen now.  

Harry... I can't get that image of him kissing Violet's neck out of my mind. 

God. 

Halfhearted I change into my pajamas and remove my makeup before brushing my teeth and crawling into bed. I set the alarm on the clock next to the nightstand to make sure I don't miss my flight. 

With red eyes that feel run dry, I close my eyes and will myself to sleep. 

Ah! Surprise, double update! Hope you all enjoy and thank you so much for reading. Love you all.