Chapter 2

"Sorry Love, I'll only be a minute" says the man in front of me with a smile. I realize I'm still staring at him and finally collect myself enough to nod my head. He's dressed in a mustard yellow t shirt that has a smiley face on it, and brown pants that seem to flare at the bottoms. 

His head is full of soft brown curls that look like he just ran a hand through them and his eyes... I don't think I can do his eyes justice by describing them. This man is one of the most beautiful men I have seen in my life. I glance down to see the song he's requested...Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.

"Which part do you normally sing?" I ask. He looks back up at me as he responds, "Well it depends, some nights I'm feeling like Lionel and some nights I'm feeling like Diana."

"Talented enough to do either part? So, you can sing?" I jokingly ask. He responds with a shy smile and  a blush creeping up his neck as he says, "Yeah you could say that."

"You know that's cheating then right? You're not supposed to be doing karaoke if you're good at singing. It'll make the rest of us look worse than we already are." I say jokingly.

He laughs and dimples appear in his cheeks. So not only is he beautiful but he also has a British accent, great, I think to myself. "Don't worry I'm only going to be doing Lionel, my friend Niall is going to take the lead and sing Diana's part" he says and points over to his friend by the bar. I look over and see that the boy he is pointing to is the one that ran into me earlier.

"Well it's going to be hard for me to follow up you and your friend's performance, but I'll try my best" I say.

"What are you going to sing?" He asks.

"That's a good question, I was actually hoping that a song would pop up in my head when I got up here but now I cant think of any" I say.

"You should sing Crocodile Rock by Elton John. That's always my go to song when I can't think of one." He says.

I write down the song and then look back up at him, realizing I still don't know his name. "I forgot to ask earlier but, what's your name?"

"Oh, I should've introduced myself. I'm Harry" he says. I smile and extended my hand out for him to shake.

"Hello Harry, I'm Evelyn, but my friends call me Evie" I say. He smiles and shakes my hand.

"Evelyn, I like that name" he says with a small smile. I can feel myself blushing as he lets go of my hand.

"Well Evelyn, I should get back to my friends, but I'll see you up there." Harry says and then turns and walks away. I quickly walk back through the crowd towards the table where my friends are at. 

I notice that Ezra and Matthew are missing from the table. I give a questioning look to Isabella while I sit down. "Ez wasn't feeling too good so he's in the bathroom and Matthew is checking in on him" she states. I nod and take a sip from my drink on the table.

Two rounds of people singing Karaoke have gone by and I start looking towards the bathroom doors, Ezra still hasn't come out. Our turn is getting close and I start to get nervous, there is no way in hell I am going up there and singing Karaoke by myself.

I look over at Isabella and notice that she's talking to Chris again. I nudge her and she looks towards me. "Will you go up and sing with me if Ezra doesn't come out in time?" I ask. Isabella gives me a look as if I just asked her to grow another head.

"Hell no, you know I cannot sing and there is no chance I am getting up there and singing in front of all these people" she responds.

"I'm sure Ezra will be back in time" she adds.