Chapter 18

The next two days are filled with board games and mountains of food that Niall and my brothers somehow demolish in one sitting. By the time Sunday morning rolls around I feel myself feeling saddened at the thought of leaving my family but the feeling of butterflies in my stomach also linger at the thought of seeing Harry in two days. 

I climb out of bed and throw open my bedroom window curtains. Sunlight pours in and I feel the side of my face begin to heat as it takes in the the mornings rays. I lazily stretch and walk back over to my night stand to get my phone. 

1 new message: Harry 

I'm planning a surprise for us but I need your opinion, which hat should I bring? 

Below the text I see a photo of a green beanie and a grey cabbie hat and I let out a laugh before replying with the grey one. A flutter of butterflies erupt as I re read his message, wondering what the surprise could be. I set my phone back down before changing from my pajamas into a pair of grey sweats and a Boston University crewneck. Tossing my hair into a bun I quickly brush my teeth before pocketing my phone and walking down to the kitchen.

"Morning honey" my mother greets me from her spot by the stove as she cooks some omelets for everyone, her curls framing her face like a mane. I walk over to her and she gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before I walk to the breakfast nook where the rest of my family plus Niall are currently playing some card game. 

I'm greeted with numerous "good mornings" before I take the nearest seat next to one of my brothers. My dad tosses me seven cards and my brother lets me know that we're playing BS and I quickly join into their game. After a round my mom announces that breakfast is ready and we all help bring the food to the table. 

Theres not a lot of talk as everyone digs into their omelets but by the time I've scrapped the last green pepper off my plate I see that everyone is also finishing up theirs. I sip on my tea while my mother starts another conversation with Niall, asking him to show her more photos of Ireland. 

"How do you think the rest of the semester is going to go honey? You're so close to being done, you'll only have one semester left after this and then you're all done" I hear my dad ask me from across the table, a smile spread across his face. 

I smile back as I take him in, his light brown hair looks a little disheveled from sleep and his warm green eyes crinkle on the side from his smile and his face looks like it was doused in freckles, something that my twin brothers seemed to inherit but sadly not me. 

"I think it'll go good, my classes are starting to wind down so I think I really only have finals to worry about now" I respond before taking another sip of my tea, the mango and honey fusing together on my tongue creating the sweetest taste. 

"I'm so excited to see you graduate, you've worked so hard these past four years" my mother says with a smile that reaches her eyes from beside him. My smile somehow gets bigger as I take in their words, moments like these making it even harder to leave them. I hear one of my brothers make a gagging noise and I turn to them with an annoyed face. My brother Eric quickly pretends to be busy sipping his coffee and the other quickly mimics him trying to suppress his laughter. 

"Boys" my mom says while giving them a pointed look that shuts them up in seconds. Niall lets out a laugh and before I can help it I quickly find myself laughing along with him, the rest of my family also joining in. 

"Don't be jealous because I'm the favorite" I joke towards my brother which gets me eye rolls in response. After talking some more about graduation and how my brothers are doing and how Niall is doing with grad school we clear the table and start another board game.