Chapter 33

I'm woken up by the sound of someone distantly singing in another room. When I open my eyes, I'm in a room I don't recognize. I'm in a king-size bed facing a wall of windows overlooking the city of New York. The lights of the city give the room a warm glow. Raising up, I lean on my elbows as I continue to look around the room. On the bedside table next to me are a few books and a glass of water with a sticky note with drink me written on it. 

Sitting up, I reach over and pick up the glass before quickly drinking the water. I faintly hear a shower turn on in what I am assuming is a bathroom connected to the bedroom. Setting the glass back down, I sit up. Glancing around, I spot my purse on a chair across the room, and I quietly slip out of the bed and pad over to where it's sitting. I unzip it and dig for my phone. Pulling it out, I tap the screen, but it stays black. Shit. Looking around, I try and spot a charger but with no success. 

I drop my phone back on top of the purse and pad back over to the bed, my head still slightly spinning. Closing my eyes, I lean back on the headboard. My head slightly starts pounding as I try and remember what happened after I had that fifth drink. Harry... Harry's hands on my waist and his mouth against my neck... I feel my body start to heat and open my eyes to reach over for the glass of water next to me again. Moving off the bed, I pad over to the windows. Even after all of these years, it still amazes me how awake this city is in the dead of night. The window is cool as I lean my head against it, and I'm grateful for the chill as it slowly seeps into me. 

I get lost in thought, staring at the city below, and don't realize the shower has turned off until I see Harry walk back into the room, a towel wrapped around his waist. Pushing off the window with my shoulder, I stand and face him. 

"You're up." He says as he walks into his closet, re-emerging a minute after with just sweatpants on. Ruffling his hair with the towel in his hands. He throws it into a hamper before walking over to the other side of the bed and plopping down. 

"My head is still slightly spinning," I say quietly, still standing by the window as he reaches over to the nightstand next to him and picks up a tv remote clicking the power button. Sound erupts from the tv across from the bed, a late-night comedy automatically pops up. 

"Did you drink the water I left?" He asks while looking over at the nightstand across the bed. "If that wasn't enough, I think I have something else that might help." 

Harry gets up and walks out of the bedroom. About five minutes later, he walks back in with a bagel and some Advil.  I turn back around from looking out the windows again. Eat, he says while walking over to me and handing me the food. I take it from him and bring the bagel to my lips. He walks over to the other nightstand and picks up the glass I was drinking from before walking into his bathroom. I hear the sound of water running, and he emerges shortly after with a full glass of water for me. 

I thank him before taking that, too. Putting the two Advil pills into my mouth, I quickly swallow them before taking a big sip of water. He watches me while I do, standing only an arm's length away. 

"What time is it?" I ask, bringing the rest of the bagel up to my mouth. 

He pulls his phone out of his pocket, looking at the time. "Just past 1 am." 

"Shit, do you have a phone charger I can borrow?" I ask, walking over to where my phone lies on top of my purse. Harry follows me and takes my phone from the chair before walking back out to one of the nightstands and plugging it in. 

"God, I'm so sorry. It's so late, and you probably were not expecting to have to play nurse. Once my phone is charged, I can call an Uber and go home." I say, running a hand through my curls.