Chapter 9

*the picture above is how I envision Isabella ! Happy Reading Lovies <3 

Pushing the door to my apartment open, I walk inside and see Isabella at the kitchen table, books are stacked on top of each other, a few lay open around her while she types on her laptop. 

She turns as she hears me close the front door. 

"You're finally home. When was the last time we saw each other? It's felt like years." Bella says, a smile growing across her face. 

I roll my eyes but a smile grows across my face too as I walk over to the kitchen table and plop down in a seat next to her, my purse falling from my shoulder. 

"Okay you need to tell me all about your weekend with Chris, because it seems like it was apparently a very good one" I say, brushing back some curls that has swept across my face from the wind outside. 

"Excuse me? No no no. You need to tell me about what you and Harry did this weekend. Thats the first guy since like Freshman year that you've spent the night with." She rebuttals. 

A small blush creeps up on my cheeks and I look down.  

"I don't really think theres much to say. Friday night when we got back from Rumors we literally just sat and talked for hours about the most random stuff. Yesterday we got breakfast at Morning Belle and I found out that he doesn't eat his eggs scrambled. Then later that day he texted me and invited me to the party that Niall was throwing and I went" I say trying to not delve too deep into the weekend, knowing it will only make the goodbye even harder. 

"Uh uh, you're withholding information from me Evie, spill." Isabella states, shutting her laptop and turning her body fully towards me. 

I huff and slump in my seat. 

"We may have kissed last night..." I begin to say but am cut off. 

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? YOU AND HARRY KISSED AND YOU DIDN'T TEXT ME RIGHT AFTER IT HAPPENED?" Bella says (more like yells) with wide eyes. 

"Yes we kissed and it was the best kiss I've ever had in my entire 21 years of life and now theres nothing I can do about that fact because he's about to hop onto a plane and fly back to where he lives which is half way across the country" I say all at once, the weight of the reality hitting me in the chest. 

Isabella's face turns from one of laughter to one of concern as her eyebrows cast down and her smile turns to a frown. 

"I'm sorry Evelyn, it totally slipped my mind that he was leaving today." she says, worried eyes looking into mine. 

My lips turn up into a half smile as I shrug my shoulders. 

"Figures that this would happen to me" I quietly state. "Anyways, I wanna hear about Chris" I say trying to change the subject from being one centered around Harry to try and ease the weight from my chest. 

Isabella noticing this, goes into a full fledged and very detailed telling of her weekend with Chris. I feel a pang vibrate through my chest as she talks about their plans for the next weekend, a small drop of envy filling me as I wish I could be telling her the same about Harry and I. 

"So all in all, I think I'm actually in love with him. Did I tell you that Chris is a Political Science major with a WGS minor? I swear God really just put down all my favorite things in a bowl and made Chris from it." Isabella says with a laugh. 

I smile, Isabella has never had a boyfriend before. Not for lack of trying, it seems that every guy that comes across Isabella falls in love with her but it takes a lot for her to fall in love with them too. Always managing to find some fault.