Chapter 31

Thursday night comes, and I find myself sitting on my couch, a bag of popcorn in my left hand and my phone in my other. Niall's contact is pulled up on my phone. Jo is currently curled up by my side, the TV playing re runs of New Girl. Part of me wants to tell Niall that I've caught a cold and can't go out, but another part of me is interested to see what Niall has up his sleeve for tomorrow night. 

Thoughts of Niall bring up thoughts of Harry. Thoughts I've kept buried for the past five years. Of that night. Before I can think better of it, I go onto Instagram and search for Harry's profile. His account instantly pops up, the blue checkmark next to his name standing out like another woman wearing white to a wedding. As much as I tried to avoid everything Harry, there was no avoiding his fast rise to fame. After his tour, it was pretty hard to turn on the radio without hearing his voice. 

Looking through his Instagram now, it's clear that his success is only at the beginning. A funny feeling starts to build in my chest as I scroll through his photos. A feeling I haven't felt for the past five years. I scroll but then pause on his photo of his first show. That night instantly comes flooding back, and I quickly exit out of Instagram. 

"I'm free Friday night if the offer to go to karaoke still stands," I type out and hit send before I can chicken out. Niall's response comes faster than I thought it would and in typical Niall fashion, it makes me laugh. 

"Of course, it still stands. Brooklyn is about to hear the best rendition of Crocodile Rock it's ever heard." He then sends the address and time to meet. I put my phone down for the rest of the night, cuddling up with Jo until my eyes feel heavy. 

The next day at work passes by in a blur. I'm in the middle of packing up my work bag when I hear my phone go off. Reaching over to my desk I pick it up to see Kai's name in bold on the screen. 

"Hi baby, everything okay?" I ask, tucking the phone to my ear to balance it while I continue to pack my work bag.

"Yeah I was just calling to see how your day was, and if you wanted me to pick something up for tonight," he responds back into the phone. 

"Oh shoot, did I forget to tell you I was going out tonight? I thought I had mentioned it this morning," I say while zipping my laptop into my bag. 

"You mentioned it on Monday but I didn't know if you were actually gonna go with that guy," Kai responds. A response that draws my brows together, making me question whether I'm actually talking to Kai or not, never having heard him talk like that before. 

"Yeah, I am, sorry if I didn't make it seem like it was actually concrete plans." 

"Anyways, I gotta go baby I'm just now leaving work and I still have to drive home and get ready, I'll call you tonight or tomorrow morning," I add on. 

"Let me know when you make it home safe tonight, lets get breakfast tomorrow," he responds almost distantly before we exchange I love yous and hang up. 

Before I can think too much about Kai's responses I grab my coat and keys and head for the door. Forty-five minutes later I pull into my driveway. Niall's text said to meet at the place at eight and it's currently six-thirty. 

It'll probably take me closer to an hour to get to Brooklyn from here due to traffic so I have to be out of the house by at least seven-fifteen

Rushing to my room I quickly open my closet. Browsing through I pull out a black dress and quickly strip from my work clothes into it. I then go into my bathroom and touch up my makeup before fixing my hair. Checking the time on my phone again I quickly let out a curse before stumbling while I attempt to put on heels while walking towards the front door.