Chapter 4

I walk up the front steps of Ezra's apartment as the last note of Kiwi plays from my headphones. Pulling my phone from my pocket I swipe out of the music app and text Ezra letting him know I'm outside. I unplug my headphones and halfheartedly wrap them into a ball and put them into my coat pocket.

A minute goes by as I wait for Ezra to open the door and goosebumps line my skin as the chill of the fall temperature starts to seep in now that I'm no longer walking. When Ezra finally does open the door my eyes cant help but widen at the sight of him. Even when sick he looks nothing short of adorable.

Ezra is wearing light blue baggy sweat pants and a loose white shirt that goes down to his hips and has an outline of a body on it. He's wearing his round glasses and his hair looks like he's been laying in bed all day.

"Took you long enough to get here" he says, dimples on full display. I give a small laugh and he moves to the side so I can walk into the apartment. Heat floods my body immediately and I welcome it.

I take off my shoes and glance around the apartment and see two of his roommates sitting on the couch in their living room playing a game on their TV. They turn around as they hear me walk in and I give them a small wave.

We make our way to the stairs and begin to ascend. The sound of a soft creak shadows our steps as we make it to the top. Ezra walks the short distance of the hallway and opens the door to his bedroom on the right, I quickly follow.

His mattress is tucked in the right side of his room, blankets, pillows, and comforter ruffled. A laptop and book rest on it. A bed stand table is stationed next to the mattress and an alarm clock and a phone being charged rest upon it . Across from his bed his desk is set up and theres a stack of books and papers loosely spread out on it.

His record player is set up on his dresser next to his closet and two speakers stand adjacent to it. The soft sound of Coldplay can be heard from the sound system. The lights lining the top of his walls give off a soft purple hue.

Ezra walks in and plops down on his bed, leaning up against the wall while his legs sprawl out. I walk over and start reaching for the snacks that I brought for him. I grab the tea I had made for him from the side of my backpack and rest it on his bed stand.

I take off the travel mug lid and small wisps of steam can be seen coming from the top of the tea. I let out a small breath, thankful that the tea managed to keep its heat during the walk over. I reach into my bag again and lightly toss the wrapped treats onto his lap. "So how are you feeling now?" I ask.

"A bit better, I haven't thrown up this morning so hopefully thats a good sign. But I haven't been able to get much down" he responds.

"Would you mind taking my temperature though? I feel like I've been trying to but I can't tell if I feel hot." Ezra asks, his hand resting on his forehead.

I walk closer to the bed and sit on the edge, close to where he's resting against the wall. I raise my hand and brush back some of his hair, the strands softly move with my fingers as I push them back. I lift the back of my hand to his forehead and start to feel his temperature.

"I think it feels normal, you don't feel like you have a fever" I state. A blush creeps to my cheeks as I look down from his forehead and see how close we've gotten to each other. He softly grabs my wrist and slowly lowers it.

"No, no, no, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to use your lips" Ezra says.

"Huh?" I ask leaning back, my eyebrows knitting together, now fully blushing.

"You're supposed to put your lips to my forehead to feel my temperature, it works best that way... trust me" Ezra says and scoots closer to where I sit, letting go of my wrist.