Chapter 21

I absentmindedly chew on the end of my pen as I watch my professor write out the facts of a battle during World War II knowing that I should be copying down the words in my notebook but can't bring my mind to focus on the discussion at hand. 

Opening my laptop I wait for my password to process and pretend I'm searching something up that my professor just talked about before opening google and typing in "Harry Styles." Numerous results pop up, the majority of them being magazine or website articles of people who have reviewed his new album, I randomly click on one. 

Upcoming artist Harry Styles debuts his new album self titled at Chain Reaction here in Anaheim, California. The new artist played a set list of ten songs all from this self titled album that had the crowd hanging on his every word and wanting more when they realized it was just ten that they would be hearing. Styles is set to start touring this album early next year and as it continues to climb the music charts universally I think that it is safe to say we can expect that this unexpected talent from across the pond might soon be the new face of the music industry as well as the face of almost all the bedrooms of teenage girls. The album can be found on most streaming services and is well worth a listen. 

I scrolled back up to the top to see who published the article and almost audibly gasped when I saw that it was none other than Rolling freaking Stone. The article was published about two days ago, he must've played the show right before he came here to Boston. I had about another hour left of my class and spent every last minute not paying any attention to my professor or the topics being discussed and instead read article after article of people reviewing Harry's album and all of them were singing their praises for the green eyed boy. 

Shutting my laptop I quickly packed it into my backpack before I feel my phone vibrate in the pocket of my jacket. I grab it from my pocket, swiping on the message from Isabella.

Am I seeing things or did I watch Harry try and quietly leave our apartment this morning?

You're not seeing things... he spent the night after our date BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. We just kissed and fell asleep so don't try and dig. 

We WILL be talking about this more when you get home from class I hope you know that, you have been a little TOO quiet about this whole situation Evelyn. 

I let out a small laugh before I rolled my eyes and put my phone back into my pocket. Throwing my backpack over my shoulder I headed for the door, I wrapped my jacket tighter around my body as a chill wind gushed in with the opening of the door and could feel my nose already turning red. I felt my stomach growl as I made my way across the court yard and realized that I had yet to have anything to eat for the day. Checking the time on my phone I realize that it's not even noon yet and I change my course of direction and start heading to my favorite coffee shop on campus. 

The smell of coffee hits me and I take in a deep breath as I hear the chime on the door signal my arrival inside Bleachers. I line up in the queue and pull out my phone to start scrolling through Instagram, once at the front I order a hot chocolate and pay while I wait for it to be made. Standing off to the side I absentmindedly pull out my phone again before I hear my name being called from behind me. I turn, a confused look on my face but it quickly changes to one of surprise and a blush comes across my cheeks, making them the same color as my nose from the cold. Ezra sits at one of the booths with his laptop out and a couple of textbooks. He's wearing jeans and an oversized green crewneck and his hair is tucked into a white beanie that rests on top of his head. His tea has small wisps of steam coming off the top and I see that some of it has escaped onto the paper underneath it. I walk over to him. 

"Hey Ez" I say shyly as I rest my backpack on the seat across from his and slide into the seat. 

"You wanna study with me? I'm about to start the study guide for LIT 390."