Chapter - 3

The morning was unpleasant as always but Mihyun was in a good mood

The morning was unpleasant as always but Mihyun was in a good mood. Aside from the fact that she didn't get a wink of sleep last night, she was headed towards the cafeteria without cursing others and that's the most important sign that she's feeling good today. 

She got her plate while listening to others whispers and hushed voices. Some talking about the Dean's murder, rumors, some about themselves. Mostly how scary it is to spend the night knowing someone got killed. There's police again in campus to investigate shit.

But something surprised her. No one is talking about the knocking incident from last night. The way the girl or whoever it was almost broke her door down, she'd expected someone to notice at least. At least she expected some kitty ass girl who'd tell the police about it to start a new rumor.

It's all the same. No one seems fazed by anything at all yet their mouths won't shut. It's surely none of anyone's business who died. They just want to throw words for some extra attention.

"Where the hell is this Jimin now?" Mihyun looked around the cafeteria and then peeked outside too. No sign of her best friend anywhere and it got her worried. Don't tell me the police called him in for questioning and he passed out!

"Attention students! All students are requested to come to the indoor stadium to give their fingerprints and DNA samples to the investigating officers. Your cooperation is required."

Here we go again. That old hag won't let them breathe even when he's rotting in hell. She rolled her eyes again before putting the bread in her mouth. Chewing with utter distaste. The announcement made a significant shift in the atmosphere. Students started speaking less and focused more on the officers who are watching them from every corner. Anything that will seem out of place can take them to jail if not anywhere else.

She again looked around but Jimin still isn't here. What's wrong with him?

She put her hand in her pocket to take the phone out but realized she left it in her room because it died over the night. She now has to go over to the boys hostel to find him.

As she stood up a voice turned her attention towards the exit. Someone panting hard and trying to call her name unsuccessfully.

"Namjoon oppa?" She raised her eyebrows seeing the said guy coming to her. He panted again.

"Jimin..." he couldn't breathe as he ran all the way here.

"What Jimin?" Suddenly a chill ran down her spine as her hands felt too numb. She grabbed his arm and asked again. "Where's he? What is it?"

"He's at the infirmary...he's-"

She didn't even let him finish as she dropped the plates and dashed out towards the said infirmary. She was having a bad feeling already, this just sums it all up. She didn't know what to think or expect.