Chapter - 5

Mihyun stared out the window of the passengers seat as Taehyung drove

Mihyun stared out the window of the passengers seat as Taehyung drove. A silent Jimin sat in the back seat. As well as Jungkook.

Yes Jungkook.

Taehyung offered him a ride home because he's going in the same direction when he was leaving the cafe. But he didn't know he'll have to find his friends like this.

She can feel the strange anger in her veins. The heaviness from this evening outside her room has vanished and replaced itself with a headache. Last night's incident coming back to her in flashes of disappointment and emptiness. She's not thinking anything, just the picture of the now dead girl replaying itself in her mind.

I could've opened the door...

I could've stopped her...

I could've known who this killer is...

She's always been a strong person. Never in her life her friends saw her being worried nor being sad for some reason. No matter what went in her mind, no matter how fucked up she might be, she never let her weak self surface because being weak means letting people judge her. Or so she thought.

But this time it hit her hard. She's never felt like this. It's the feeling when she knew she didn't do anything even when she could.

I was just one step away from saving a life...

Others have a different excuse. They can just say they didn't know. Blame it on the circumstance and live without a guilt. They were forced to not know.

But she did...

It goes nowhere. No matter how much she pushed the thought of being helpless to the back of her mind, it stays. Hangs heavily above her head and makes her question things she's been sure of. She was never like this. She never cared this much. What changed?

She felt a warm touch on the back of her hand and turned her attention back to the car again. Taehyung's been ceasing a hold of her cold fingers with his own. She didn't react. Just stayed still and waited to reach anywhere but home.

"To the left hyung..." Jungkook gave directions to his house as Taehyung drove them. Occasionally spearing glances at her from the back.

Taehyung's pretty good at driving as she sees him. She'd have been crushing on him calling him hot and everything by now if she didn't have so much on her mind already.

He stopped the car and Jungkook got out. Then he peeked at the window on Taehyung's side. "Thanks hyung."

Jungkook looks at the very disturbed Mihyun who had refused to greet him when they met this evening. Now her eyes were fixated at the empty dashboard in front of her as if not paying attention at all. He also noticed her hand tangled with Taehyung's, it's obvious.