Chapter - 20

The car stops in front of the prison and Yoongi opens the door to get off

The car stops in front of the prison and Yoongi opens the door to get off. He goes around and opens the door for Mihyun too. But she sits there like a stone. Not moving at all.

"Mihyun..." Yoongi's soothing voice called for her. "It's okay. I'm with you."

She nodded and stepped out. Heart nearly bursting out because she was back to talk to her step-father in prison after what happened. She hated that man and not to mention her fear. Yoongi walked her into the prison gates where Seokjin was waiting with a smile on his face.

"I finished the paperwork. Go in." He handed Mihyun the documents needed for visitation. She hesitated to take it because after this gate, she'll have to be in that room alone to talk to that man on the other side of a glass wall. Seokjin held her hand. "Go in sweetheart. It's gonna be fine." His thumb brushed over the back of her hand before letting go.

She took a deep breath and stepped in. It's now or never. She has to talk to him. Or she'll be awake forever like last night with her face buried in a pillow. She wanted to move on from this past that's been trapping her.

She crossed the long hallway and entered the visiting room. He's not here yet. She waited while her fingers tangled with the hem of her skirt. The door on the other side opened revealing her dad.

"Hey..." he said as he sat down. Awkward silence fell over after that. She didn't know how to start and he didn't know what to ask. They've never had a conversation before.

"Dad..." she struggled to call him that. "I...do you know anything...about mom?"

His eyes widened when he heard her. He's perfectly sober today and she knew he understood every word.

"What do you want to know after all these years?" His tone was harsh and he visibly tensed up.

"Everything you know about her disappearance."

"I don't know anything about that..." he looked away.

"I fucking know you do!" Her hands balled the fabric of her skirt as she held her stinging tears back. "Tell me..."

"She just disappeared one day. That's what I know." He said seriously. "She might've moved on with another man who knows? You aren't mine either...you're someone else's too!"

She was only one glass wall away ripping his tongue off. If he had said this out of the prison cell she'd be sitting on his chair for manslaughter right now.

"What happened that day?" She asked. Surprised at herself for acting so calm.

"She left to attend the church. And never came back." He scoffed.

"Did you try finding her?"

He smiled bitterly at that. Then he locked eyes with her.

"I've done everything possible!"